Home

Trench's replacement Peragus II artwork

Sith Holocron

Recently, I was inspired by a desktop wallpaper that I saw posted up at LucasForums. It was created by a LF member named Trench.

peragus_ii_by_jean_luch-d5x5yfl.png

I was quite taken with it so I asked Trench if he could render the planet on a transparent background so I could release it as a mod - which he was happy to do.

Through the efforts of Darth_Sapiens and Quanon, I discovered the location of the other appearance of this planet in the game files. You see, one texture (named PER_Plnt01) only shows the exposed core planet inside the administration level.

ExampleofPER_Plnt01withextraasteroids_zps15b1aec9.png

The other texture - EBO_Per - shows up both when you're on the walkway outside the station and when during the T3-M4 prologue when you are on the exterior of the Ebon Hawk. (The latter is shown below)

Trench's texture came with some extra asteroids so I'm providing two versions of Peragus II . . .

Original

ExampleofEBO_Perwithoutextraasteroids_zps11f9b5f0.png

and

With Extra Asteroids

ExampleofEBO_Perwithextraasteroids_zps30a531f7.png

(Please note: there are usually extra animated asteroids floating around the Peragus Texture but I made them transparent for this screen shot - as they blocked the view of Peragus II.)

As an added bonus, I've included a interior screen replacement for my own previously released mod that utilizes Trench's version of Peragus II. If you use that mod, I suggest using this bonus texture as an upgrade.

ExampleofPER_Tk01_zpsf3add919.png

Installation:

-------------

Extract the TGA files you wish into the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2/Override folder. You can only choose one variety to use at a time, of course.

Uninstallation:

-------------

Take the textures out again. ;)

Known Bugs:

-------------

None known at this time.

Legal Disclaimer:

-------------------

All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc., I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless by permission of the mod author. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either. Use it how you like, but if you're going to post it up somewhere, or make a derivative mod, or use it in another mod, please put a line in the readme, mentioning Trench and all those that assisted. (See Special Thanks section)

Special Thanks:

--------------------

To Trench: For making the original artwork in the first place and for extract the portions for use in this mod.

To Darth_Sapiens: For finding location of the texture I was missing.

To Quanon: Research into Peragus models and also for finding the location of the texture I was missing.

To Insanity_Sorrow: Research into Peragus models and beta-testing.

Download here.

Archived