Home

Making Standard Clothing Into Armor/Robes?

Hexiva

So you know how when you take standard clothes item, it appears different depending on who you put it on? Such that Bastilla appears to be wearing fancy Jedi robes, but Carth is wearing his orange flight jacket thing. How would you export the flight jacket model/texture so as to make it into its own item?

If you mean so that you can have anyone wear Carth's Flight Jacket or have anybody wearing Bastila's robes, you can't. Not unless you replace one of their clothing slots with the model you want to use.

There is a sort of workaround which I used in this mod here, which you're more than welcome to pick apart and examine, though to make it work for EVERY party member, you'd have to do a LOT of tweaking and make a LOT of extra files for each party member and each garment.

It's doable, it'd just take a lot of work to get it done 'seamlessly' if you know what I mean.

Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a read of this thread here, you should get a good idea of how appearance.2da works.

It's literally a case of opening the file up in KotOR tool and changing the model and texture names to whatever it is you want to use.

I don't have the games installed right now, so I can't really give you any screenshots or anything, but it really should become very clear once you've read the above mentioned thread.

As for the method I used, I added a new row to the file, then used a disguise property on the item itself to swap Carth's appearance to the new entry every time he equipped it.

I also added a feat to restrict the item to Carth. You would then need to use the TSL Patcher to make sure that the disguise property references the right appearance.2da row, but the TSL Patcher read me will tell you how that's done. :)

Archived