Home

Hayze's Sith Experiments

Darth Hayze

First off this is a WIP post, for all my WIPs, so that you guys can check out what I have my nose stuck in.

I've got a few different things going, each in various levels of development. Red means it has been released!

1. Extended Enclave: This is a joint project between myself and danil-ch. It has been released! Experience the Enclave like never before!

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
post-9049-0-59595400-1391540141.jpg

Sion.jpg

death.png

Release Thread Link

2. No Headgear in Cutscenes: for those who like their headgear, but hate how it blocks faces in cutscenes, this is for you. This mod modifies every dialog/cutscene in the game to disable the headgear until the convo ends. No more faceless exile!!!

This one should be coming soon as well, after I get one or more of these other's out.

3. HK Repaired Chassis: This is an update of Ecce's HK chassis mod released on Kfiles. I loved the idea of making HK look like he's assembled with different parts from different models, but the original mod applied the texture to his every appearance. This will use appearance.2da to fix that.

4. No Tutorial Prologue: I like playing the prologue in TSL, I rarely skip it, and one thing that became increasingly grating was the presence of the Tutorial dialogue and voice-over. This mod will remove all dialogue telling you about game systems or story details you know like the back of your hand, in a few places there is still some of the computer's VO, but only where it felt right.

5. Twi'lek VO for Kaevee: TSLRCM added in the lost and confused padawan Kaevee into a questline on Dantooine, while the quest itself is fine, alot of people have expressed dissatisfaction with the VO. This mod will very simply replace her Basic VO with Twi'lek VO.

6. The Awakening: This is a big one. I've talked about it with only a few people, but it's the project I'm most looking forward to really getting off the ground. Most of us were disappointed with the final outcome of the Revan novel. While this mod won't be addressing that, it will lay the groundwork for something. This is basically going to be a playable version of Part 1 of Revan. You'll get choices and scenarios for dark & light, male & female. It's currently in the writing stage, as I plan out all the dialog.

Keep your ears open! This post and thread will be updated regularly, with new info, screens, pertaining to these, and my secret projects...

I was wondering what your thoughts (you being the Labs as a whole) are on something I've been thinking about.

The Sion vs Nihilus sequences -commonly associated with The GenoHaradan- carry a lot of weight and finality to them, and I was thinking that post-Nar Shaddaa might not be the best placement for them.

After all they represent an end to the only thing that kept the Sith together, and according to Kreia that means "the Galaxy will begin to die" and "the Darkness comes" and

that just doesn't fit after NS, especially since it is a popular first planet.

Also it would just be odd to have the whole dramatic scene with Sion believing you're dead, only to possibly run into him on Korriban later, and there is already another instance of the PC dying, after the enclave confrontation.

My thought is that after the Kreia/Masters stuff might be a better place for it.

"In-game the tone has started to take a darker turn with Jedi masters getting massacred by Kreia or yourself and she has taken out your crew and run off with the Handmaiden(s)"

Now would be the perfect time to end the fragile alliance.

What are your thoughts?

I was wondering what your thoughts (you being the Labs as a whole) are on something I've been thinking about.

The Sion vs Nihilus sequences -commonly associated with The GenoHaradan- carry a lot of weight and finality to them, and I was thinking that post-Nar Shaddaa might not be the best placement for them.

After all they represent an end to the only thing that kept the Sith together, and according to Kreia that means "the Galaxy will begin to die" and "the Darkness comes" and

that just doesn't fit after NS, especially since it is a popular first planet.

Also it would just be odd to have the whole dramatic scene with Sion believing you're dead, only to possibly run into him on Korriban later, and there is already another instance of the PC dying, after the enclave confrontation.

My thought is that after the Kreia/Masters stuff might be a better place for it.

"In-game the tone has started to take a darker turn with Jedi masters getting massacred by Kreia or yourself and she has taken out your crew and run off with the Handmaiden(s)"

Now would be the perfect time to end the fragile alliance.

What are your thoughts?

Seems pretty context specific to the Exile being presumed dead, which, I'm ultimately not a big fan of (at least in the Enclave sequence) since it never really seemed like you were dead - just unconscious.

An interesting thought though - what if you were to put this scene at the very beginning of the game? Might explain why we never really see Sion and Nihilus hunting you in the same capacity. Plus it sets the stage for the game - it is about Sith Lords after all - and all the Jedi are presumed dead. It has the added benefit of mentioning Darth Traya and establishing her as part of the Triumvirate, and lends meaning to the scene when Visas tells Nihilus that she has found an echo in the Force (which is of course the Exile). The only issue I see is addressing the fact that then Sion finds out that there is one more Jedi. There's no real dialog that would address that point - but it could be left to inference. Presumably, he would go hunting after Kreia since Nihilus failed at killing her and therefore, come across the Exile.

Only issue I see would be removing Kreia's dialog "Now it ends and the darkness" comes.

Food for thought.

I actually have considered that, however you do have to remember that Atton says "The Handmaiden said Kreia killed you." So at the very least the Party thought the Exile was dead. And Kreia has a cut line on Malachor "I used your death to draw them out, so the republic could kill them." That is a paraphrase, but I honestly think that thematically it works after the enclave.

And in case you're wondering WHY I'm so adamant, PM me on DS.

It wouldn't fit after the Enclave. Remember how Sion boasts "I did, what will all your power, you could not do.", when Sion wouldn't even be aware Kreia seemingly killed the Exile, as their next meeting after Harbinger was in the Trayus Core.

That and the boast itself would make no sense, since Sion had nothing to do with that "killing" anyway.

True, though I may have changed the context of that line in my tinkerings...

And right before this scene there is the one on Malachor where the assassin's report to Sion about something involving the exile. Sion responds "Does he/she live?" and then "I will see to this myself."

• 1 month later...

Archived