Home

feats.2da

DivineSpy

I was looking through feats.2da and there are quite a few fields I don't understand, so if anyone could explain what they do I would be grateful:

minattackbonus (I'm unsure if this uses the attack modifiers from strength or dex or something completely different I'm overlooking)

minspelllvl (likely has something to do with force powers or something)

gainmultiple

effectsstack (is this for stacking with other effects, or for determining if the feat can be used multiple times to stack with itself?)

allclasssescanuse (although its name is self-explanatory, I don't know what actual purpose it serves as it seems to be overruled by class_list)

category

maxcr

spellid (also may be related to force powers in some way)

crvalue

usesperday (something from NWN, but does it have any function in KotOR?)

masterfeat

reqskill

constant

toolscategories

hostilefeat

exclusion

usetype

pips

Fields I do know (some are pretty obvious, some aren't):

label - name of the feat as seen in the game code

name - in game name, refers to a string in dialog.tlk

description - in game description, refers to a string in dialog.tlk

icon - in game icon

mincharlevel - minimum level required

minstr, mindex, minint, minwis - sets the minimum attribute needed to get the feat (this isn't one for constitution or charisma)(unused by the game, I haven't tested them yet so I don't know if they actually work or not)

prereqfeat# - prerequisite feats in feat progression

successor - the upgraded version of the feat

targetself - does it target the user

orreqfeat# - in edition to needing all prereqfeat#, feats can require one of the orreqfeat#'s listed (but only one is required)

***_list - 0 is available as a regular feat, 1 is available as a regular or bonus feat, 2 is only available as a bonus feat (bonus feats are unused, but offer the ability to have a second set of feats to choose from on lvl up), 3 is granted automatically at the level set by ***_granted and unelectable on lvl up, 4 is unavailable

***_granted - what level the feat is automatically granted, setting ***_list to 0, 1, 2 can allow you to acquire manually if available at a lower level, 3 cannot be selected and can only be automatically granted at the specified level. set to -1 if you don't wish the feat to be granted

***_recom - what order the feat is selected if you select auto level up

scd_*** - scoundrel

sol_*** - soldier

sct_*** - scout

jcn_*** - jedi consular

jgd_*** - jedi guardian

jsn_*** - jedi sentinel

drx_*** - expert droid

drc_*** - combat droid

minattackbonus - Required minimum attack bonus to pick that skill. Pretty much NWN leftover.

minspelllvl - Again, NWN leftover.

gainmultiple - Not a clue.

effectsstack - Don't know, I would think indeed if it stacks with itself. Prob unused

allclasssescanuse - Exactly what it says

category - Depends wheter it is self-cast or attack spell. Seeing new OE-entries don't have it, probably a KOTOR1 leftover

maxcr - Priority over other similar spells. Basically it uses 3 for the first, 6 for the second and 9 for the last attack spell to make sure that's the one used.

spellid (also may be related to force powers in some way)

crvalue - Unused

usesperday - Indeed a NWN leftover

masterfeat - Seems used for weapon feats, but not the new OE added, probably KOTOR1 leftover

reqskill - Again, NWN leftover

constant - The actual name the game uses for the feat; change it and it will no longer work.

toolscategories - Similar as category, except functional. 1 is passive, 2 is attack, 3-6 again passives. Not exactly sure why some are labeled which category, except for 2 of course.

hostilefeat - NWN leftover

exclusion - 00x00 for all but Goto's droidtrick (which has 00x01)... yeah, no idea why

usetype - Used eclusively for attack skills (toolscategory 2), seems to determine melee or ranged. Probably KOTOR1 leftover since new entries have ****

pips - Priority. Pretty much same as maxcr, but using 1,2 and 3 instead. Make sure to set it properly.

label - name of the feat as seen in the game code

Not really, as stated that's constant. Label is just that, a label, for ease of use and having no actual effects ingame.

And yes, the rest is spot on...

Hope this helps, and other people, feel free to point out if I made a goof up :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived