Home

I've been trying to rip the sound effects from Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader on the Gamecube for an extremely long time now, and have had no progress. I was referred to this forum, and I'm here in hopes of solving this once and for all.

On the Dolphin emulator forums, I was told that the sound files must be in a format that is handled by Dolphin's DSP, and that almost all GC audio formats are handled by a plugin for Winamp. I've tested this and it seems to ring true except with Rogue Squadron II and III. :confused:

I believe the sounds are encrypted in some sort of package or container in the ISO. I've found the file with the sound effects in it, but have no idea how to go about unpacking it, as it is simply a .DAT file that doesn't seem to extract with any programs that I've used on it, including QuickBMS. It can be found easily within the filesystem while in Dolphin, just scroll down until you find data.dat. I can verify that the sound effects are inside the file since when I import it as raw data into Audacity, I can faintly hear them against a strong wall of static. I have no clue how to go about figuring out how to unpack the file, so...

Help!! Does anyone have any info on it?

Archived