Home

songs

Naaaww...screw KIDDY-Nappster ...try this

There is a program available for free download from this site:

http://scummrev.mixnmojo.com/download.shtml

Unzip and install the program, then put the game CD in the player(for the Pirate song use CD2), and start scummRev.exe. The program will interpret the game's bundle files (of several LucasArts games, including Grim fandango ...sigh...). It will allow you to extract/convert all the sound effects, music, dialogue into .wav files.

The only drawback is that the files are named non-descriptly, so it's hard to find what you want fast. But if I remember, correctly, the Pirate Song is in this directory: E:\RESOURCE\MUSDISK2.BUN\2311-S~.IMX

where "E:\" is your CD-Drive.

Try it ...s'fun

or just go to the downloads section at wwww.thescummbar.com

but download scumm revisited to. its really fun smile.gif

hey raven, can you rip grim fandango backgrounds with SCUMM? like you can in CMI?

i do have Scumm, but was having difficulty using it, maybe i'm just thick, or maybe it was bacause i was using the harddrive files, who knows?

oh yeah, you probbaly

?8)

oh yeah, mixnmojo downloads are STILL down

------------------

yet another witty message from The English Git

yarharghargh

[This message has been edited by the english git (edited July 03, 2001).]

Originally posted by Blondbeard:

Originally posted by Kid:

Napster

No you can't,Napster have blocked off monkey island from their search list or rather lucasarts probably asked them too.

okay, then Limewire, Imesh, Audiogalaxy, Bearshare or one of the other napster-ripoffs, you could easily get it from those....

------------------

calvin_e0.gif

The idea is fine...but you're still looking at a 5 minute mp3 download. At 56k (the usual for many) that can take up to an hour, assuming that one of the many servers in between doesn't drop the connection in the interum. Yes, he can get the music this way, and it is worth the time if you want to enter those sharing-nets, but if all he wants is the Pirate song, then a 404k download is still the preferable solution.

He could have it downloaded, ripped and burned in the same time as downloading the software needed to enter one of your suggested nets.

english git: As to the pathway. Don't try it from the hard drive...but from the game CD...in your case....the 2nd CD

pathway is:

E:\RESOURCE\MUSDISK2.BUN\2311-S~.IMX

where "E:\" is your CD-Drive.

Good Luck...

Archived