Home

Trying to get BROTHERHOOD OF SHADOW: SOLOMON'S REVENGE to work

I found Brotherhood of Shadow awhile back and it looks like a really cool mod to check out.

Unfortunately my KOTOR is moderately heavily modded and, well, despite most of the more intensive mods coming with patchers, I can't even start the initial 'prologue' quest, the rodian simply does not appear. My game is modded to the point that my own save file doesn't run without the other mods...the game crashes instead and I don't currently have a 'clean' no mod save to use as a test. I can see the Rodian with the supplied save game, just not 'my' save game.

List of mods (some may not have quite the correct name but I'll do my best)

BoS:SR

Bastila on Korriban

Carth's Fighting Spirit (Patcher)

Allronix's Dialogue Improvement

Difficulty Option

New graphics for both the Ebon Hawk and T3

Equalized Skill Points

A Darth Jaden Female Head that requires Patcher and three that do NOT

New Female Robes, which I believe are Darth Jaden

K1 Force Pack by Star Admiral (Patcher)

Darth Jaden Party Reskin - I use most, but not all of this

Darth Jaden's Jedi Robes Reskin

Juhani Clothing varients - all graphics I believe

Juhani Reskin (new items part uses Patcher)

Lightsaber Blades - all tga and txi

Lightsaber Choice v2 by Deadly Stream

A mixture of Lightsaber Hilts - all tga and txi

K1 Overhaul (Patcher)

Party Clothing by Jonathan7

Quanons Lightsaber Pack (Patcher)

Redhawke Mods

Armor Pack (5 new armors)

Blaster Droid Armor Pack

Canderous as a Jedi (Patcher)

Carth as a Jedi

Crimson Sith Items

Enhanced Lightsabers

Mission as a Jedi

Mission as a Jedi Booster Pack

Revan Sith Bastila Item Pack (Patcher)

Reven Sith Bastila Item Booster Pack (Patcher)

Sith Artifacts

Terminator Droids

Workbench Mod

Robes for Sith Korriban Students by Shem (Patcher)

Romance Upgrades/fixes for both Bastila and Carth (includes Helena fix)

Weapons of the Old Republic (Patcher)

I have some files, mostly uti files that I have modded a bit to make things mesh a bit better

I also have very minor experience with making 2da files mesh, but that's incredibly minor I'm afraid.

I have been putting BoS in FIRST and then patching all others on top of that, but clearly that is not working. I also attempted once to install BoS first and last, but still no dice.

While I have and have read the install logs from most of my patchers, I'm quite sure that trying to do even half of that manually is beyond my abilities. I've no clue how to get the 2da's and possibly the mod files to play nicely together.

If I absolutely MUST drop some of these mods to play BoS, I'll do it, but I wanted to ask first to make absolutely sure and hopefully get some words of wisdom on which mods I can keep and maybe how to get BoS to play nicely with the rest of the 'kids'. 'Cause BoS is literally the only mod that won't play ball with me right now.

I thank you in advance for your help and your time. If more information is needed, I'll hunt it down posthaste.

While the majority of BoS requires Leviathan to be completed, the 'prologue' mission does not, as far as I understand it. Obviously, I've never gotten the mod to work, so I really can't say first hand, but I did go through one of BoS's major long threads, written while the initial BoS was still being improved, updated, and had people reporting bugs and so on. Not sure exactly where, but somewhere, I think someone said the prologue CAN be done before Leviathan.

I sincerely hope this is the case, because I'd rather not have to play through roughly two-thirds of the game just to see if BoS is going to work with my mods.

I do have cheats enabled, but I have no clue how to use them to 'test' mods.

And yes, I know reinstalling mods in the middle of a save game is very inadvisable and I'm 100% sure I'll have to start a new character once I get everything working, but the save game I currently have is pretty much all I've got at the moment. It's near impossible to test with the provided save game, because, as far as I can tell without playing through the whole mod with said save game, that works...it's my own save games that don't work right now.

On the provided save game the rodian does show up...nor can I use that to test if he'd appear before Leviathan, because the save game is set after Leviathan.

Thanks for your response and advance thanks to anyone else who replies.

EDIT:

ooookaaay....trolling through another part of BoS:SR's main forum postings, I did find where the author said that Leviathan DOES have to be done to begin the Brotherhood of Shadow stuff. All I can say there is:

aw dang.

I also found that Silveredge recommends installing BoS LAST which is pretty much the reverse of what I've been doing thus far *blush* I'm gonna try that then and keep my fingers crossed. Even so, if anyone has any ideas, I will very much appreciate them.

Archived