Home

Monkey Island 5: Stan

xander999

nah, you cant make the villiain a hero,especially not lechuck,

that will make some players pick the villiains side and before ya know it...

well anyways you just CANT,

[This message has been edited by NiKo (edited December 30, 2000).]

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe have it like it was in Leusure Suit Larry 3 I think it was, it gets to a particular part of the game and then you can change characters

Or maybe have the game from Elaines point of view? What does she really think about Guybrush?

Originally posted by NiKo:

nah, you cant make the villiain a hero

Why not? We were able to play as Tie Fighter pilots, working our way into the Emperor's secret circle in Tie Fighter...

------------------

Dancing_Monkey.gif Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

• 5 weeks later...

A game in which Stan accompanies Guybrush for a while or becomes involved in the plot in a major way (rather than just being a guy who stands behind a desk and gives you an item as he was in MI3 and 4) would be alright. But isn't Stan just an American version of Cut Me Own Throat Dibbler?

And they should make some Stan/Eminem related joke.

Guest The Feral Chicken

'Buggrit...buggrem all, I said. Millenium Hand and shrimp!'

'Cough, HAACK COUGH'

'Woof bloody Woof'

'What Duck?'

biggrin.gif to Tull and MagnusB! biggrin.gif

Come to think of it. It could be like Sam and Max, or Day of the Tenticle. Where you switch between characters. Not only will it shed some life on some of the characters, it proves that Monkey Island can cope with more than one main character!

------------------

This is the second best forumn I've ever joined.

Are you joking? There are so many adventure game scenarios you could build around a traveling salesman figure I'm amazed noone's done it yet!

He'd have to travel to place X and establish a brand of product there, fight off the competition, find a place to stay, escape the consumer board police etc, etc. I can think of plenty more as well.

Yeah Stan is a little like Cut My Own Throat Dibbler, but he's funnier (with all his hands and stuff). Talking 'bout that do you know if there will be a next Discworld-game?

And what do you think of a strategic game called Stan Buisiness empire or something, where you have to sell lotsa stuff in a few minutes? Or a who-wants-2-b-a-millionair with Murray as host.

The XXXXX

Yeah Stan is a little like Cut My Own Throat Dibbler, but he's funnier (with all his hands and stuff). Talking 'bout that do you know if there will be a next Discworld-game?

And what do you think of a strategic game called Stan Buisiness empire or something, where you have to sell lotsa stuff in a few minutes? Or a who-wants-2-b-a-millionair with Murray as host.

The XXXXX

Guest grannen

Continue with the Monkey Island as it is!

But, my wish is that the next MI should be in Virtual Reality.

Just imagine that you are fighting together with Guybrush and holding Murray under your left arm! And DROP him! I wonder what Murray would say about that?

If it takes 2 - 3 years for the next MI I think it is realistic to ask for a VR game.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes_2.gif and Grannen

Guest The Feral Chicken

Cut-Me-Own-Throat is nothing LIKE Stan! And why do you want a bloody Discworld game when the books are obviously so much better?

------------------

eatproto2.gif

Feral

The next MI will definitely not be VR and I think it's fairly safe to say (but you never know) that MI will never be VR.

I don't even think we'll ever have VR, at least in the bodysuit and goggles setup many people picture it as. They already have this technology, but it's ludicrously expensive and akin to simply strapping the monitor and speakers to your head... until we find a way of literally connecting game inputs to the brain so they can be interpreted as actual senses (a long way off, assuming it's even possible) I don't think VR will go anywhere.

And Feral: The first two Discworld games might've been a hodgepodge of stuff from the books (and hence not as good) but Discworld 3 was great... don't you think?

Archived