Home

Let's talk about music guys! :D

I have to beg to differ, Trigger. Classical has an excellent beat, depending on which song you listen to. Most anything from Dvořák has a great beat. Ode to Joy, with the right symphonic production, makes it near impossible to not bounce along. And, simply put, the entire Nutcracker Suite is one big dance-fest.

And country has a beat....how else can you line-dance to it? ;)

Me personally, I like almost anything. Stereotypical country(where your car broke down, girl left you, and you had to shoot your dog) I can't stand, because most of it is from generic artists following the exact same set of chord progressions, singing about the same "woe is me" stuff that would make an emo kid puke. And, while I may respect SOME rap artists...I'm a white guy from middle-class....I have nothing to relate to it with.

The music I go out of my way to listen to is Classic Rock(50's music), Heavy Metal(old-school Metallica, Pink Floyd), and some Techno/Trance. The last is touch-and-go for me, really. Some beats go really well, some beats I just can't get into. And while I don't consider myself Indie by any stretch of the imagination, I dig what they get into sometimes. Some of those obscure bands can really rock the music world. :D

Archived