Home

The Ulimate Duel: Vader vs Maul: Who wins?

Guest Lord Tirion

Guest Lord Tirion

Who do you think would win this duel between the slow and methodical Darth Vader or the rottweiler of the Sith, Darth Maul?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lord Tirion

Didn't want to post a poll because I wanted to hear everybody's opinions. What I am looking for is well thought out reasons on why such and such will win. There are going to be posts that say.. Vader will kick his arse! Or... Maul will open up a can of whoop ass! Thats not what I want to read. I want to read reasons for this. I find it interesting how people say things just because.. not really knowing why =)

Guest Lord Tirion

Here are my reasons why I think Darth Maul would win:

Darth Maul defeated two Jedi at the same time, one of them, (Qui-Gon) was said to be the best saber handler of all Jedi. Yes he defeated Obi Wan at the end but his arrogance got him killed by his celebration that the Sith had finally defeated the Jedi in a skirmish. Darth Maul was faster, more dexterist, and more dynamic than Darth Vader by a long shot. His moves would slice Vader into pieces before Vader's heavy and twisted heap of metal that he has for a body could stop it.

If Darth Vader is so strong, how come he loses to Obi-Wan in Episode III? If he is so strong, how come he lost to Luke Skywalker, who was not even a Jedi Knight?? Think about that. Out of the fights we have seen, who did Vader actually beat? He beat a little boy who just picked up a light saber in Empire Strikes Back. He did NOT beat Obi Wan in A New Hope. Obi Wan let himself be destroyed so he could be more powerful and able to help guide Luke Skywalker into becoming a Jedi Knight in which he finally does AFTER he defeated Darth Vader.

Who knows, maybe we will see Vader be the powerful Sith Lord we all hear he is in the upcoming episodes? But my opinions are based on what I have already seen in the movies. Obi Wan said that Vader hunted down and murdered the Jedi Knights. But we all know that Obi Wan was notorious for "different point of view statements". For all we know, Vader could have fought them one on one or even killed them behind their backs when they least expected it? We will not know until we see all the prequels. That is my opinion on why Darth Maul would win in a one on one duel with Darth Vader.

Guest Lord Tirion

Care to back up why you think Vader would win? =P Please dont say its because he is the "chosen one" hehe. All that meant basically is that he would destroy the Emperor in which he did by killing him from behind his back.

Vader...

1) I have to say it...he IS the chosen one and thus has many times more midiclorians than Maul...

2) Just because Maul's fight sceens lok cool in Esp. I doesn't mean he is all that powerful...

3) Defeated by Obi-One...A PADAWAN!!!

4) Maul is much to over confident for his own good...

:vadar::saberr:ARRRGGGG:dmaul3:

Guest isthisfor_real

vader hands down

Maul was made to sell toys just like jar jar

Maul had no brains

Everywhere Vader goes he has control and command

Guest www.lol.DSVIPER

Heres a question emperor or luke who would of won if darth vader hadn't interfeared, oh and rogue could u give me a link to your forums

Guest www.lol.DSVIPER

He was no match for dark side lightning

oh and I was banned again and it took me 2 min to get back in funny

Guest Tie Guy

We may not have seen Vader kill anyone in the movies, bu he did kill a TON of the Jedi Knights and Dark Jedi, so he is powerfull.

Still. i think Maul would win coz his saber is double-bladed and he is much faster.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Still. i think Maul would win coz his saber is double-bladed and he is much faster.

*ROTFL*:laughing:

Oh that was funny!!!:D

Vader was depicted in the movies back in the stone age...So Maul just looks faster...

Also Vader has the midiclorias going for him...Plus you have to remember...Maul was defeated...BY A PADAWAN!!!! And a pretty average padawan at that!!!*lol*

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by darthfergie

When was Vader defeated by a PADAWAN???

Please tell me...quickly now...think...think...

LUKE!!! He wasn't even a Padawan, he was a trainee, even worse!

Besides, Mauls double-bladed saber would tear Vader too shreds in afew swings, especially since Maul is much faster.

And why is everyone making a big deal out of midichlorians? They don't matter that much in a saber fight. the force helps, but it doesn't decide the fight, pure combat ability does, and Maul got the greater end of that bargain.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

LUKE!!! He wasn't even a Padawan, he was a trainee, even worse!

Besides, Mauls double-bladed saber would tear Vader too shreds in afew swings, especially since Maul is much faster.

And why is everyone making a big deal out of midichlorians? They don't matter that much in a saber fight. the force helps, but it doesn't decide the fight, pure combat ability does, and Maul got the greater end of that bargain.

Vader was NEVER defeated by Luke...EVER...sorry too bad...

Question where does it EVER say in any book that Maul is faster???

Please enlighten me...

*LOL*:D

Midiclorians decide your power/'COMBAT ABILITY'

Midiclorians are what gives you the Force.

Compare...A padawan with very little midiclorians can't fight worth beans unless he has natural skill in which case he still won't be able to keep up in the reflex/ sensing department.

A Padawan with tons of midiclorians at LEAST has the raw power to wheld against his opponent. The massive relfexes and senses and maybe even disconcerting force techniques...

Bottom Line...Midiclorians MAKE a Jedi...your going to need them to go anywhere in the Jedi world...

Archived