Home

Post test with attachment

Paragon_Leon

ok, i tried to see if attachments are possible. Please note that these boards only accept gif, jpg, png, txt, zip, bmp and jpeg files.

PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THE MAXIMUM SIZE IS 1024 BYTES ~! That's about 1K, people... I think that's actually a bit too little. I'll post Chris about it; see if he can fix it. This is probably why no-one can post attachments.

oh, and make sure to virus-scan your files.. boards are more often than not a distribution ground for some ugly viruses.

If i can do it, i'll include a .gif file of Lobot from ESB as a test. Whoever wants to use him as an avatar is free to do so...

btw: you can attach messages by making new threads (or replying) and looking at the bottom of the page...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll see an option for attachments below your message-window, once you've clicked on 'new thread' at least.. then you'll have to select a file from your computer to attach. in the same way you create your avatar..

file-size seems too small to enable posting attachments yet though.. we'll see if it can be fixed.

Hey Leon, can you look into being able to upload .ico files for an avatar? BTW Thanks for seeing if you can get more space for attachments!

Originally posted by darthfergie

You may post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may edit your posts

If you notice that is at the bottom of my reply page.:confused:

I think he is looking in to getting attachments enabled.

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

Oh, i'd go for power any day.. :D

kidding, fergie..

Yeah, looks like we can post attachments, but even then it's no good.

Kvan: i doubt that type of file will be possible. Or you could zip it; that works in any case.

? How would zipping help it? It's still an .ico file.

Guest Tie Guy

Right, but these forums can read ico pictures to put on your avatar. Its not a problem of making it smaller, its the problem of stealing the picture, and leaving the rest of the icon behind, this board can't do that, as far as i know.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

Right, but these forums can read ico pictures to put on your avatar. Its not a problem of making it smaller, its the problem of stealing the picture, and leaving the rest of the icon behind, this board can't do that, as far as i know.

You mean "Can't" right?

Anyway, thats exactly my problem. The boards can't read it. zipping will just make it smaller in size.

Originally posted by Paragon_Leon

Then you might want to ask Chrisc3po if the boards can be 'upgraded' to accept those kinds of files as well..

Isn't that what your here for? ;)

Anyway, Chrisc3po has probably heard enough from me, so I'll let it go.

Guest Tie Guy
Originally posted by Kvan

Isn't that what your here for? ;)

Anyway, Chrisc3po has probably heard enough from me, so I'll let it go.

What do you mean by that?

Anyways, i don't know if you even can accept that type of file, or at least not easily. Your best off finding it on the web and posting the url to it. However, don't neccessarily take my word for it. ChrisC3PO may have a trick or two up his sleeve. You might as well ask, right?

Originally posted by Tie Guy

What do you mean by that?

Anyways, i don't know if you even can accept that type of file, or at least not easily. Your best off finding it on the web and posting the url to it. However, don't neccessarily take my word for it. ChrisC3PO may have a trick or two up his sleeve. You might as well ask, right?

The first comment was to Leon.

Thanks YD, I'll try and rename it!

hmmm ... maybe it's another kind of ico. I know how to make them and that's from a bitmap ...

another way is to make a screendump with F12, open a image-editing program and cut the icon out. After that you can save it in any format you like ...

If that won't work email it to me a gkonings@bigfoot.com

Guest Tie Guy

Whoops, wrong quote. :D

Anyways, The problem with that is that they can have the shortcut arrow thingy on them.

Oh wait, nevermind, i forgot you could just change your say..."My Documents" icon and then cut that out.

Aha ... the shortcut icon. Now were getting somewhere. Ya see, shortcut icons are not on icons, they're on shortcuts.

A shortcut links to 2 files:

- The program or document it opens

- The icon it represents

Find out what the location of that icon is and that's the file you need.

Originally posted by Young David

Aha ... the shortcut icon. Now were getting somewhere. Ya see, shortcut icons are not on icons, they're on shortcuts.

A shortcut links to 2 files:

- The program or document it opens

- The icon it represents

Find out what the location of that icon is and that's the file you need.

Fortunatly I know what a shortcut is, unlike some *ahem*tie*ahem*. Unfortunatly I tried the copy paste suggestion a while ago and it just doesn't look the same.

Archived