Home

Movie

pgeleven

we've been trying to discuss who all would be a good pirate crew for guybrush if there were screening

a. norm mcdonald

b. adam sandler

c. louie anderson

d. seth green

e. jeff anderson (randall form CLERKS)

f. matt damon

g. ben affleck

any better ideas?

i don't know anything about that...but i hope that there will be a movie of monkey island...it's my dream!!!...i would be the director of it!!!...hahaha...i's my dream from 5 years!!!...movie movie!!!i want it!!!

i have think about the characters of the movie...the music composer and the actors...hahaha...and you will be at the movie and you will help me...would anyone? wink.gif

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸komodin¸.·'``'·.¸)

i don't know anything about that...but i hope that there will be a movie of monkey island...it's my dream!!!...i would be the director of it!!!...hahaha...i's my dream from 5 years!!!...movie movie!!!i want it!!!

i have think about the characters of the movie...the music composer and the actors...hahaha...and you will be at the movie and you will help me...would anyone? wink.gif

------------------

when the movie will arrive?...at 1st april of 2001!?!? or of 2002...?...

but i think..that i will see it more late than you...in spanish will arrive later!!!buuuuuuuuaaaaaaahhh!!! eek.gif

please...tell me qhen it will arive ok?

tanks biggrin.gif

------------------

Anyone seen the Discworld movie? It's a cartoon, and a great one too. It's about death being missing, and his daughter and stuff like that. Great fun!

About a Monkey Island movie, I'd prefer a cartoon, although I wouldn't miss out if it wasn't. And I doubt it would even remotely be satisfying, because of our extremely high expectations.

------------------

stareye.jpg

THX to Brighteyesmonkey for this magnificent sig. Final Fantasy and all :)

A movie like Shrek or Toy Story would be better for a MI movie biggrin.gif

Has anyone picked up my latest thingie with Toy Story? Talking about Mr and Mrs Potato head and now saying that if there is an MI movie it should be done in the style of Toy Story tongue.gif

------------------

nattytwouble.gif

the shrek style would definetly do it justice, anything but something like the buzz lightyear movie. and coming from lucas arts, you can imagine it will be well funded enough to get highly skilled animators. kinda sad that 99.5% of america will have no clue what monkey island is once they see the previews, or be able to graps the concept of how insane it is... they just better get good voices... and no eddie murphy or chris rock

------------------

I live to watach you fail

Originally posted by pgeleven:

the shrek style would definetly do it justice, anything but something like the buzz lightyear movie. and coming from lucas arts, you can imagine it will be well funded enough to get highly skilled animators. kinda sad that 99.5% of america will have no clue what monkey island is once they see the previews, or be able to graps the concept of how insane it is... they just better get good voices... and no eddie murphy or chris rock

i couldn't agree more. i have a feeling a lucasarts MI movie will not disappoint us. it's too bad most of north america is oblivious to MI, but then again overhyping computer games is kinda lame...tomb raider is starting to **** me off (ah! back off all u TR fanatics! i'm just getting irritated!) and u r so right, eddie murphy and chris rock r starting to annoy me too, all their characters r the same! i hope the original MI voices voice the movie as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I never liked the tomb raider games, but the movie was good, but then again maybe that's coz I'm an anjelina Jollie fan

I wouldn't even mind if the MI movie was in the style of MI3, but if not, then definatly a shrek or Toy Story kinda feel to it.

This may sound stupid, but why can I picture someone like Eddie Murphy doing a Murray Voice? I must be on drugs or something (or maybe the raspberry fanta I had like an hour ago doesn't help, I'm hiiiiiiiiiiigh on red food dye)

------------------

nattymaniacs.gif

Brighty's definate better half! After all, I'm an Australian female, and he's some English snooty nosed male! But I wuv him;)

eddie murphy better not end up doing the voice of murray. not that i realy have any better ideas, but it wouldnt be the same if it wasnt exactly identical to the game. i think if ANYTHING, if the theme of the story were to be based upon any one of the games, it should be the second one, but with murray mixed in it. hows the fundraiser going by the way?

------------------

I live to watch you fail

I think the movie should be about MI1, MI2 has also a great plot, but its a second part, and people who dont know Monkey Island wouldnt understand anything. MI1 is great for that.

------------------

My name is Bobbin, are you my mother? milegend

logo6b.gif

Yeah! I work there!

Carolvs Ro Imp Semper Avg Hispan Rex Fundator Universitatis Granatensis

Guest The Feral Chicken

It wasn't a Discworld Movie really. It was a cartoon adaptation of Soul Music. There's also a cartoon of Wyrd Sisters.

Why would they need to change the voice actors? There's nothing wrong with the ones they have!

------------------

chickenid.gif

Feral Signatures & Imaging

Archived