Home

coop play

SpidahX1587246507

i have another one of those inklings i get, that sometimes are right, that its not what we're thinking. I'd say its just team on team gaming, ala CS rather than single player coop.

call me pessimistic, call me a bad omen, but just make sure u call me to apologise afterwards if it then turns out im right :)

Originally posted by Darth Lunatic:

[QB]Well the makers of Rune released a co-op patch after the games was released...quite a while after the game was released.

Whos to say Raven won't do that?[QB]

The fact that they didnt do one for Elite Forces makes me doubt whether they will. I remember a lot of people asking for coop for EF when it first came out, maybe in a patch but they said it was too complicated to do.

I can only see Jedi knight being more complicated so... :(

Well the makers of Rune released a co-op patch after the games was released...quite a while after the game was released.

Whos to say Raven won't do that?

I didn't think this was the case AT ALL. The coop patch you are thinking of for Rune was done by a third party mod group (ie: amateur editors). It was not done by Human Head, and so it is not an "official" mod, even if it was mentioned on runegame.com.

I have both Rune and RuneHOV and neither one (even with the latest patches) include a coop mode, you have to download the user created mods to use coop.

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/rune/coop/about.asp

Not dissing the mod at all, just wanted to point that out...

Kurgan

Well see first on the LEC homepage it mentioned "cooperative play" then it was removed, now it's been added back.

If it was clarified in an article, it would be nice if somebody could post the link.

I thought that there had been hints (more or less confirmation) of CTF/teamplay, but coop play I don't know...

Kurgan

well i reckon that if Lucasarts doesnt put co-op play in it..... then someone else will for sure!!!

its un-questionable.

just think about the online community that this game will create, there will be stacks of mods (or i damn hope there will be).

If it will turn out to be anything like Half Life, then put your mind at rest..... someone will create it. :p

I think there will be a big community around this game, the only reason there arent loads of mods for JK is because it was such a pain to edit.

Sven coop for half life is lots of fun so I'm pretty sure someone will do the same for JKII.

*crosses fingers*

I disagree with you on two counts there:

the only reason there arent loads of mods for JK is because it was such a pain to edit.

The first problem with that is that there are, I think "loads of mods for JK" maybe they aren't the greatest mods ever for a game, nor are they perhaps as numerous as some other popular game like Half Life, but there certainly are hundreds (likely thousands) of maps alone for JK.

Second, most would probably agree that editing for JK is really no more a "pain" than editing any other game. If anything, it's probably considered easier to edit JK than say QuakeIII (which incidentally is the engine we'll be getting with JK2 when it comes out).

Yet dispite how relatively 'difficult' or tedious Q3 editing may be, there is still a sizable editing community for the game. So I think it could be the same potentially for JK2.

I guess it all depends on what you consider "a pain" and what you consider "a load" but I think in general most would agree that JK has a lot of mods and isn't a really pain to edit, no offense.

; )

Kurgan

Originally posted by Kurgan:

<STRONG>I disagree with you on two counts there:

The first problem with that is that there are, I think "loads of mods for JK" maybe *SNIP*

</STRONG>

Sarcasm I sense... point taken ;)

Maybe I am wrong on that but my impression was that there is much more help available for Quake et al due to the fact the designers made them to be modified by fans. Example, even teh source code is available, as opposed to Jedi Knight where AFAIK no such efforts were made.

Plus theres a big difference to making maps and actually editing the program.

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: mostly harmless ]

[ September 05, 2001: Message edited by: mostly harmless ]

Archived