Home

Nov PC Gamer

Guest Hannibal

Guest Hannibal

So, I get home from work today check my mail and what happens to be in there? The November Issue of PC Gamer!!! There are 18 new screenshots in there. I haven't read it yet. Im gonna do that now. :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Krayt Tion

At last, news that will not full upon our ears with extreme shock, anger, or sorrow. The drought is over.

Since other readers (myself included) have not recieved their mags yet would you do us a favor and give a run down of some of the new details found in their preview article if you do not have access to a scanner?

More specific multiplayer details were expected in this issue, if you could discuss those in particular that would be much appreciated.

Here is the first two, hopefully my ISP can handle the load, heh. I'm continuing to scan more images as I write this. I'll be editing this message with more pics. Credit Goes to PC Gamer <www.pcgamer.com>

Image Removed

Anyone up for some Force Chain Lighting?

Image Removed

More saber and alien action:

Image Removed

Again more saber and alien action:

Image Removed

Chopping off a Stormtrooper's arm:

Image Removed

Examples of level architecture and high character ploy-count (I spliced these two together in order to save space on the fourm):

Image Removed

Here's some really cool ones; saber combat, view through binoculars, and Bespin Airshaft:

Image Removed

Saber Throw (kinda hard to see in my opinion):

Image Removed

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: rolsen ]

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]

Screenshots from Multiplayer:

Image Removed

Well, that's all of them. I recommend you find a copy of the article to read, its pretty interesting. I'd be happy to answer questions about the content of the article, but I won't scan it for you. I don't want to get sued or anything. :D

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]

Tap[RR]:

Here's a quote on the multiplayer modes:

"Multiplay will feature deathmatch, capture-the-flag, and a still-in-development mode focused on teamplay and coordination."

On lightsaber handling:

"Controlling your lightsaber will be easy. You'll be able to pick it up just as quickly as the real thing, and for whatever direction you're moving, you'll have a different attack. If you're running forward and you hit the attack button, you'll lunge; if you're moving to the side, you'll swipe from that direction. Before long, you'll find the control as elegant as the weapon itself."

Edit: Spelling

Guest Krayt Tion

Important and Regretful Message:

First off I need to thank rolsen for immediately jumping to the aid of forumers upon requests for scans from the latest PC Gamer which is just packed with JK2 goodies. I myself requested some scans.

Unfortunatley I have just been informed that posting our own scans of their magazine is a definite violation of copyright law. We know this I am told because we were contacted by PC Gamer last time we posted our own scans of their magazines without their permission.

Those are the breaks. You guys will have to wait to till officially sanctioned scans are released at preview sites around the net or you buy or have a look at someone else's PC Gamer. The only thing we are allowed to show at this time is the cover which shall remain on display. You can of course talk about what you've read in the magazine all you like! Please carry on.

Guest ChrisC3po

Once again I’d like to say sorry guys; I think it’s safe to say Rolsen has wetted all of our appetites for the PC Gamer article.

Rolsen, if you would like to write a brief recap of the article that would be permissible.

For those of you who don’t want to buy PC Gamer, rest assured JKII.net should have plenty of new info and screen shots to share with you in a few weeks.

I dont know whats wrong but, i cant go to jkii.net's main page, my ie freezes :o. I however got through with netscape, but its all disorted and weird, i was wondering if the new design was causing ie to freez. Gah help! Anyone know of this problem? and can help me get through this problem.

[ September 14, 2001: Message edited by: Tap[RR] ]

Oh, sorry about that guys, I didn't realize it was infringing on copyrights. I'd be glad to give you some brief info from the article though.

From the article:

<ul>[*]Kyle is a master of both light and dark side force powers. For example, he has force choke and mind trick.</li>[*]There will be 8 different areas in the game, each of those is divided up into sub areas very similar to Elite Force.</li>[*]Quote from article: "The [multiplayer] bots will have emotional attachments, so that two AI combatants might watch each other's backs in deathmatch. The bots will keep track of how many times you've fragged their comrades, and they'll develop grudges against you."</li>[*]This should end the whole blocking of thermal detonators and explosives descussion that we had a little while ago: "You can use the Force Push to knock objects (or people) off ledges, or to push incoming thermal detonators back from whence they came."</li>

Let me know if you have any more specific questions, and I'd be happy to try and answer them. I have to tell you all, its a very good preivew, one of PC Gamer's best, but it its written from the perspective of Kyle Katarn himself, so its a little odd.

Edit: Grr... I hate it when I make those small spelling errors. :mad:

What about saber blocking? I know its automatic as in jk, but is it more acurate? Does it have more animations? And how does the poly to poly detection work with the blocking, does it make it look, feel more true to the movies? Did they even mention anything about that ^**points up**^

Also, any new weapons announced?

They really didn't give any specifics on blocking, so I guess we can continue to debate that. As for the animations, the screenshots show Kyle in some really cool posistions which are granted by the motion-capture technology. As for new weapons they said that half of the weapons in JO would be from the preivous games, the rest would be new.

Edit: I just re-read the secion on weapons again, and they mention new weapons being the stun baton (which we've already heard about), the disruptor rifle (your guess is as good as mine), and the "flechette (similar to a nailgun, it fires a high-speed stream of tiny knives)."

Cool, I'll definately be picking up a copy soon.

Too bad PC Gamer didn't consent to posting the scans (even if credit was given) but I guess I can see how they don't want to lose money on magazine sales if they got this juicy of an exclusive from Raven/LEC.

Kurgan

Guest Krayt Tion

Disruptor rifle huh? Sounds like a medium to heavy weapon to me. Did they have any pictures of it in the preview?

I went ahead and looked up anything to do with "disruptor" in my SW weapon databases. This gun was of course covered in Vaga's column but his description isn't that detailed. Here is some text from an official weapons book. Please keep in mind this is not supposed to be reflective of what is going to be in the game, this is just food for thought:

Tenloss DXR-6 Disruptor Rifle-

"...Disruptors are energy weapons whose blasts are so powerful that they break down objects at the molecular level, leaving only a smoking pile of ash.

...The oversized XCiter and the actuating blaster module process a much greater volume of blaster gas, while the barrel's series of galven cylinders tightly focuses the beam, concentrating the blast's high-energy particles.

However, because of their crude design, disruptors tend to have short ranges and limited ammunition capacity...

...Disruptors require an extended recycle time of five seconds or more to cool the weapon's internal components and gather an adequate charge for an additional shot."

"flechette (similar to a nailgun, it fires a high-speed stream of tiny knives)."

Flechette eh? Sounds dead-on similar to the Malaxan Firepower Incorporated FWG-5 Golan Arms FC1 Flechette Launcher we discussed earlier! Hey Vagabond, it looks like Raven really did Stick to their guns.

This weapon was brought up because it seemed like it would be a good anti-jedi weapon to use against saberists because the many flechettes fired from it could not all be blocked!

Hey Raven, don't think we don't notice. icon14.gif Saweet.

[ September 15, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]

Archived