Home

wow graphics!

Redvan

Actually, I don't much care if SoF2 looks better...the main question is, does it play better or is it more fun.

You can bet that if SoF2 looks better, it won't be without a cost. If an SoF2 level is smaller than a JKO level, but has a significant amount of extra ( extraneous ) detail and uses textures that are much higher res...the memory, CPU, video card requirements will be much higher. Related to that, all of that extraneous detail and hi-res textures will bog down load times. Long load times break the continuity of story flow which is not good for a more story based game like JKO.

So, I think there is something to be said for maintaining a balance between hardware requirements, performace, load times, fun factor, etc. I'm thinking that, between JKO and SoF2, it's more likely that JKO will strike a reasonable balance. And if they focus more on fun, I'm sure that JKO will have more longevity than many of the games that make a flashy impact and then fall to the wayside.

I have no doubt that Raven will optimise both SOF2 and JK2 according to how each is played. I'm wondering how the mission generator for SOF2 is going to pan out, though.

I've yet to be disappointed by an FPS developed by Raven...the gameplay, graphics and configuration are always great, so I'm looking forward to all of their future games, not just SOF2 and JK2.

It will be real interesting to see what they do with Quake IV.

Oh, and welcome to the forums Redvan. :D

I hope you enjoy your stay.

[EDIT: the welcome...that was rude of me not to say it before...]

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: StormHammer ]

Archived