Home

Automap?

Executor32

Originally posted by Kwup

do people use maps in JK?

Yep, I used the overlay map in JK, but not all the time. If there is a similar feature in JKII, I'll probably use it. If there isn't...then, well, I think they need to address some of the issues Kurgan raised. Especially things like Force Seeing, and knowing where your team-mates are. :)

Personally, I'd like an X-Ray type effect for Force Seeing, so the walls turn transparent, or something...but that's just an idea. ;)

Kurgan returning in all his glory, expect some really long posts soon ;)

Personally, I'd like an X-Ray type effect for Force Seeing, so the walls turn transparent, or something...but that's just an idea.

Like ATI cheat drivers?

That is a good idea, of course not all the level would turn into a wireframe

And about the automap

As Kurgan says

The fans will EXPECT it. Removing it feels like going backwards...

It was very useful combined with seeing in mp

Now that we are talking about non vital features, I wanted to mention player profiles

This was done great in DF and JK, I dont know how it works in EF, but many new games are not very friendly to be used by several people

I hope JO has a good players profiles system

The automapping feature from Jedi Knight was something I used extensively in the game, not because I was lost, but because when used in conjunction with Force See one could literally see the location of other people and things in the map. If Raven isn't implementing Force See, then the automapping feature loses a good deal of its value. However, this point prompts me to urge Raven to make every effort to implement Force See. JKII not having Force See would be like having R2 without D2.

You guys have played the original Jedi Knight, right ;)

Archived