Home

Release date for JK2

keiran1587246496

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZeroXcape

Did EF really? I don't mind if it gets delayed from Dec 1st - that would still put it ahead of schedule ;)

As for the Dec 1 release date, I don't know if GameStop really knows what they are talking about.

I doesn't matter who's sayin' it. Every company drools about a December release just for the holiday purchases. Most of them never make the deadline, and when they do, god help the customers. I'll take a nice complete spring release.

Guest Krayt Tion

I know better than to count on the word of some seller (wouldn't be the first time some place selling the game revealed/leaked horrendously false release dates), especially when that means the game will have been in development for less than a year.

I'll take my nice Spring 2002 release too.

Btw, they just reported that Amazon.com has the date set for February 2002. Lol, told ya, just don't trust these places.

its not incomplete.... but it is buggy.

a big patch came out the other day that fixed a LOT of stuff though, and it runs a lot smoother

the problem with tribes 2 is just bugs, and the fact that you need a beast of a machine to run it well :)

perhaps they said it for dec 2001 because they KNOW it will be delayed into early 2002, which is when the original rel date was, so we wont be getting it any later than previously planned.... slick move :)

if you have better than a purebread gf2, should run ok....

ive got a matrox g400 (not a bad card), but its heavily processor reliant, and ive got a crappy 350, so i get an average of 19fps on 640x480 with pretty much everything turned RIGHT down....

its horrible :) then theres my connection... dont get me started on that....

if i had a faster cpu, itd be alright. the patch from a few days ago bumped me up a few more fps... so that was good

if u get it, be prepared to download a LOT of patches :)

oh, and dont choose an online alias with a '\' or a '/' in it.... i did this and because those are executable related characters in the tribes 2 core, it prevents alias lookup for those characters, and you cant join ANY clans. theres a few other problems, but i get along :) i spoke directly to QIX, the lead director on the project and he said it was a problem they were working on. it should be fixed in the NEXT patch....

it better be, coz im sposed to be beta testing the TAC2 mod, and i cant join any TAC2 servers unless im in the TAC2 DEV clan :( *sniff*

its an awesome game apart from that. i thoroughly recommend it to anyone with a good computer.....

i got about 92% of the way through a review of the game for a gaming news site i used to work on, but then 'stuff' happened and i just had NO time to finish it, and when i did, there was already 83 tribes 2 reviews out there.... why read mine, eh?

my suggestion- buy it.... its all ill be playing (along with jk) until jko

[ June 18, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]

Archived