Home

In JK2, what's the most important for you : SOLO or MULTIPLAYER

pops2002

A combination of both singleplayer and multiplayer. Having one without the other, in a Star Wars game, would be quite disappointing.

This topic has probably been covered since the dawn of multiplayer gaming, and as we can see, it is continuing.

I myself play multiplayer Jedi Knight almost everyday, but I do enjoy singleplayer as well, although I rarely play it. I just can't imagine one without the other. The game wouldn't be complete without both and I think the same thing will go for JK2.

WHen you've completed the sp levels, you want more.

Sp won't let you play the game for years, MP will.

Let's not forget that their are hundreds of singleplayer addon missions that editors have made, for many games. These addon missions help to keep the game fresh, well after the original missions start to get boring. The same also applies to multiplayer.

"Let's not forget that their are hundreds of singleplayer addon missions that editors have made, for many games"

Each taking a year to make :)

Sp is a good thing tho. JKs was good.. and I did play it through several times.. but mp is more important

I value both SP and MP the same for the game to be complete. I'm sure that JKO MP will be very good, it's the SP aspect of it that will determine if it's a good game or not. There are a lot of MP only FPS games out there. When a game has both, it's the SP that makes it stand out.

Guest Kurgan

Good singleplayer is what leads me to buy a game, and good multiplayer is what keeps me playing (long after I've beaten SP).

I guess I would say then that SP is more important to me, when considering getting a game.

Kurgan

Good singleplayer is what leads me to buy a game, and good multiplayer is what keeps me playing (long after I've beaten SP).

I agree with Kurgan.

I started playing JK SP only, then amazed by how cool it was I went MP.

With mp you play vs real people, that feeling can never be copied to bots, real ppl is just more fun.

The fact that there are hundreds of self-made levels, is what keeps us(me anyway) also interested, no matter if they are SP or MP.

it's the diversity that counts.

I think we should stop thinking just SP and MP...Why don't we put them together!

okay okay, it's no real Single player, but playing missions with your friends!

Mission Based Multi Player ->MBMP =new type 'o' gameplay :D

Imagine invading a huge imperial base with hundreds of stormies in it, with like 5 of your friends! neat, then the use of voice communication would also play a big role,

But before Voice communication will ever work fine...(Look at Tribes2, VC is supported but people will always have problems with their sound card etc. I think less than 30% of the Tribes2 community plays with mikes because it doesn't work (well).)

Wasn't there a small MBMP level called Theft on Nar Shaddaa or something? Anyway it was something with Nar shaddaa :),it had MBMP but wasn't really worked out fine...

Although i really enjoy multiplayer-only games such as Q3 and UT, when it comes to JK2 the singleplayer game is far more important to me than the multiplayer part.

JK2 is one of those games where I think the storyline is really important (as it was in JK), you just don't get the feeling of being a part of the history of the Dark Forces universe during multiplayer games.

I must confess that although I've spent countless hours playing the JK singleplayer campaign, I've only tried multiplayer once (in the Zone).

I really didn't get into it and the fact that the games/servers I played that day were full of cheaters and hackers wasn't the only reason for my dislike.

I know JK2 is not JK though, perhaps Raven will change my mind and JK2 multiplayer matches *will* become a blast to play.

I'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Guest Kurgan

Hey Aragorn.

I've been out backpacking, and visiting with family a bit. I see things have been flying along since I've been gone. Kind of sad that I didn't have a chance to see the opening of the new site, etc with the rest of you, but I'll live. ; )

Lots of work to be done and the other guys have gotten off to a great start. Hopefully I can help lighten their load a bit.

My roommate on the other hand isn't feeling so hot, he's got to have some minor surgery and he's not looking forward to it.

Kurgan

Archived