Home

game support after release

skyler

I know it is premature but I wonder what expectations there are among us about developer support for JKO after it is released? Add-on pack[ie MOTS],free online MP levels,or skins? Hi-Res texture files (like Blue Shift has for HL)? or just patches & tech support? I think the MOD community should be practically embraced by LEC/Raven for extending the life of their product. Opinions? :D

Guest Kurgan

A good quality, official addon pack, and patches to fix bugs would be accetable and expected from a company like Raven on a game of this caliber.

Hopefully the game will be good enough (and not rushed) that lots of patches won't be necessary, but at least they should do that if it's needed.

If they don't release a bunch of free bonus packs (ie: Epic w/ Unreal Tournament), that won't offend me, but of course it would be great if they did.

And of course going along the lines of free editing, as long as we can do it ourselves, we can make up for any "mod deficiency" that may result when the game comes out. I'd hope that any special editing tools would be released in a timely fashion so that would-be mod makers can 'get to work.' ; )

Kurgan

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]

If CTF doesn't make it into JK2, I would like to see Raven release a CTF patch. The CTF communities for almost every game are huge and it would be a shame to have to wait for the community to have to make it ourselves.

Archived