Home

Cheat Codes - What Would You Like To See!

Ice Man1587246496

anyone ever play Oni? the mirrorworld cheat was one of the coolest I've ever seen.. everything was turned into glass. add slowmo to that, and you have some kickass gameplay. oh, and cheats are nice to go through the game and play it.. sometimes you'll see things you missed, when you're invulnerable, or have a completely different gameplay experience in slowmo.. who knows?

Cheat codes are a mixed bag - as are in-game saves.

I got DF for Father's day (was around for the orig Doom, etc, but never got DF) and enjoy the challenge of the 'finish the level or try again' feel. However, in JK/MotS it is occasionally nice to play saber-only. For JK, this means cheating to get the saber, and sometimes putting some health back into your bod (i.e. bactame).

However, I prefer not using them - but I think they should be a choice. It is a bit heavy handed to say "anyone who uses a cheat code is a wimp" ... and a slippery slope to condescension.

An analogy was made that more PS2's have been sold in the US alone than there are worldwide hardcore PC gamers - which are the only people really into FPS games. That is at the core of the Obi-wan cancellation, IMO. The more you engage new players, less skilled players, and allow them to see the great fun in playing these games, the more players we will add to our ranks, and the more support we will get.

Mike

Originally posted by Gabrobot:

<STRONG>I think the only game I can't beat without cheating is rebel assault 2(one of those horrible space battles)</STRONG>

I remember that game! I got as part of the Lucasarts Archive volume 2. That game was impossible. I could get past the 3rd level where you can to fly the Falcon through rock caverns and not die.

Cheats Makes Hacking easyer but I wish it was at a low lvl Hardly any cheats because I hate Cheat codes Cheat codes lead to hacks and Hacks are Cowardly.

Cheats=Hacks

if they do put cheats in which they will I hope it will only stay in JKII Single player .

So many damn hackers in JK right now ya need a small simple program to boot them or cheat them.... I could go on but iam not.

Archived