Home

Anyone Up for the job?

Guest Sithxace

Guest Sithxace

they had Jed for making levels in mots/jk, anybody up for the job of making a new editor for JK2, if nobody makes one, it would suck.

I think Q3 allready has a lot of level editors, most which are excellent. So if anybody decides to make a JK2 level editor, at least use those or modify them for JK2. However, nobody would stop you of making your own :D

I did once try JED and I (no offense to anybody else) hated it. I want a level editor which is USER FRIENDLY! I know that might be hard since the coding is very complexe. But I never got to learning JED because of the limiting interface.

• 3 weeks later...

jackel, i also dabbled in JED and found it to be annoing. i had used 3d max previously, and the interactivity with JED made me nearly cry. well, not cry, but i got into the system too late in JK's life to learn the system, with JK2 coming. i hoping that the editiors for Q3 are somewhat easier.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: acdcfanbill ]

Dont be so sure about that rave

I hope It ships with an editor, and I also hope that they give us after release support, but I wouldnt get my expectations too high

Its LEC we are talking about

Guest Rogue15

JED is SO DARN EASY though!!!! well, you don't have to be a jedi to use it. You just need someone online to show you how to use it. create 3dos b4 you make levels, and you'll know how to cleave and make very unboxy levels. it's pretty neat!

Sorry, JED is for another game... it won't ever be ported over to the jediknight 2 game... totaly different game engine... not possible...

And there is allready a standard editor, the above mentioned QERadiant...

Archived