Home

LucasConsoles beta 2

Swoosh

For all of you who have been waiting, here is the start of the latest beta for lucasconsoles. Rejoice!

Anyways, you may be asking yourself why we aredoing another beta? Well, we wanted something that we could change the color scheme of to match the console sections. With this new layout, that can be done very easily. Ummm...don't count on the menus remaining the same, I'm going to try something else when I get the chance.

Please direct all criticisms/compliments here

|

|

|

|

V

Guest ZeroXcape

Hmm, looks good... but I really liked the use of the iamges on beta 1.

Beta #1:

- The Nav menu's don't really impress me

- I don't really like that grid background, but we' planned on changing that anyway.

- I really, really like the images.

Beta #2:

- What's up looks good, it would really be easy to change up the color scheme.

- We'll have to add something to liven it up... maby a Screen of the Week or something.

<a href="http://www.lucasconsoles.com/lcbeta/">BETA ONE</a>

<a href="http://www.lucasgames.com/betas/lc/lcbeta2.html">BETA TWO</a>

Guest Sherack Nhar

Mmh... dunno

I don't really like the grey background... it looks lifeless. And only red, grey and white? It needs some more colors, I say!

I likes the old one better.

But please don't take that as an offense... It's still good.

EDIT: Damn, you're fast, Zero! Anyway, you're gonna remove the grid background? I loved it! It's much better than a white background IMHO...

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Sherack Nhar ]

well, I am far from finishing beta two...so don't hate on it too much :)

I was planning on adding some images, I just wasn't sure how I am going to do that exactly. Give me a little more time.

I thought that GB.com and LC were looking too similar, that is why I changed everything. I promise I can improve it more, so just be patient =)

Swoosh

Yeah. I like the logo, however in the background font, you should add some images. Like IN the letters themselfs are images from games or the movies. It's all up to you.

Also, if you go with the images in letters, try adding tv lines (faded) not to take away too much attention. Like, don't make the images to bright.

the font "LUCASARTS CONSOLE GAMING" should be a bit bolder.

Try to keep only one navbar. Not both sides please. I hate those unless it's needed like the www.phpportal.com

Other then that. GOOD JOB! :Dicon14.gif

Guest Jeff Walters

Gotta agree With Zx on pretty much all points...though to be honest I think I'd kinda like the grid background if there was a bar or something at the top and bottom so it didn't just end abruptly...

EDIT: love the title graphic in the new version of beta2

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: Jeff Walters ]

Guest Sherack Nhar

Like Jeff said, the title graphic is good. Bring back the grid, so we see what it would look like.

Maybe you could make the left side menu's background color a little lighter?

Guest Sherack Nhar

The grid! Add the grid!

Multiple resolutions is a nice thing. However, it still looks lifeless. Add some images somewhere! Faded screenshots, etc...

Anyway it's getting better.

I have a huge resolution. (1152x864). In that resolution there is a black gap above the console buttons. I'm not sure about lower resolutions however.

and at the bottom right corner, there is also a gap. It's small but it's there. A white gap shows up between the angled corner and the bottom lines.

Both of the above should be fixable with a few code lines.

Everything likes great. Maybe you should add a small graphic at each news post. Maybe bring back the controllers (sharpen up the image). Like if it's news related to the GameCube, it's a gamecube controller, etc.

Ok, I added some images to the console selection menu...more specifically some rollover images. I'll try to get the grid in if it looks ok. Also, there may be a few more changes that I put up after this message. Take a look!

http://www.lucasgames.com/betas/lc/lcbeta2c.html

*EDIT* Ok, added "powered by lucasgames" logo and the section titles. Also, I fixed the higher resolution graphic errors. Let me know if any more problems occur. It's pretty amazing how small the page is too...everything loads quick which means we can put together some complex images for the community menu section.

Swoosh

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Swoosh ]

Guest ChrisC3po

The design is looking good Swoosh. I like the location bar (LucasConsoles.com:News), but isn’t it too big to fit something like LucasConsoles.com:Xbox:Obi-Wan:Features? The circle that displays the controllers is a good idea, but it needs some design work. We might also want to have the controllers rotating in that area when the user isn’t moving the mouse over the menu or at least some other image. Finally, I like Jackal’s suggestion about an image by each news post. We might end up using <a href="http://www.mixnmojo.com">Mixnmojo.com</a>’s news engine, which allows you to include an image by each news category even if we don’t I can easily add that to Newspro.

Guest Sherack Nhar

Another thing; I like the black background you used for the network menu in the bottom-left corner. Maybe you should use black for each menu (Headlines, Site Map, Consoles, and Community).

When will you add the god damned grid?? If you don't want it, maybe some faded background images will do the job... just don't keep it white.

Sorry Sherack! I'm just not focusing on that too much right now. I'll get to it soon, don't worry. I'm not sure if Don will like anything but white, since sites with a white background tend to have more visitors return based on some studies. But anyways, I'll try it out.

As far as the location bar, I wasn't planning to have all the information for the page on there. Say if it was a preview of Obi-Wan it would say: "Xbox - Preview" and then there would be text about the preview saying "Star Wars: Obi-Wan." Very similar to what Gamespot does. Also, by doing this it will allow us to have a lot less images to host and deal with making. I don't really see the reason to include everything in the info area.

I'll post what the menus look like in all black tonight. It may look better, but we'll see.

Perhaps in the circle next to the consoles we could have something say: "Pick your system" or something like that. I'll try out a few things.

Any new updates I'll post up here right away!

Matt

Guest Jeff Walters

Sweet Swoosh :) I personally like the grid, especially now it's got that faded red part at the top and bottom.

Guest Sherack Nhar

Wow! AWESOME!

I'm sorry to push you, Swoosh. Your work is AMAZING!

The grid is so cool...The red stripes...well done! thumbs.gif

Hehe. Thanks :). There is definitely some more work that needs to be done before we finalize it...

I just changed the red to grid gradient at the top and bottom of the news to grey. It looks a lot better. Any more feedback?

Matt

Guest ChrisC3po

I like the grey better then the red Swoosh, although you might want to lengthen the grid gradient a tad. I also just uploaded an updated beta. Basically I just added styles to the page.

We still need to figure out what to do with that circle. Other then that things are really shaping up quickly.

Guest ZeroXcape

I'll be checking the latest beta's when LG gets back online...

I'm back in town if anyone needs anything.

Guest ChrisC3po

Since I’m an impatient kind of guy I’ve uploaded the latest version of LucasConsoles.com that I have on my computer to the JKII.net server. Check it out right <a target="blank" href="http://www.lucasconsoles.com/lcbeta/lc/lcbeta2c.html">here</a>. The only thing this version is missing is the grey gradient. Hopefully the JK.net server will be back up soon.

Archived