Guest xwing guy

Are you a NRA member?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a NRA member?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know/don't care

Guest WC_heavyarms

You will not win this, Kvan. Guns cause violence. Getting rid of handguns is something that is needed to be considered. And sawing off a shotgun or rifle is dangerous. It could accidentally kill you, so it would be harder for them to screw that up. Seriously, we don't need weapons. If no one owns one, then we don't need one right? the only ones that should own them are the police and the military. You can always repeal an amendment Kvan.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WC_heavyarms

You will not win this, Kvan. Guns cause violence. Getting rid of handguns is something that is needed to be considered. And sawing off a shotgun or rifle is dangerous. It could accidentally kill you, so it would be harder for them to screw that up. Seriously, we don't need weapons. If no one owns one, then we don't need one right? the only ones that should own them are the police and the military. You can always repeal an amendment Kvan.

First off its not about winning or losing, its about disscusiing our opinions :)

Second, weapons are used defensively AS WELL AS offensively.

Third, a sawed-off shotgun is pretty darn easy to make.

BTW We DO need weapons, to defend against criminals. Just because they might not have a gun doesn't me we can't use one. I'd rather like to have to shoot a criminal that was braking into my house then have to go in close and use a knife(or someother melee weapon).

Guest WC_heavyarms

YOU DON'T LISTEN! I said if no one owned one, that would be good. No one owns one, no guns. And I said the police and military need them.

Originally posted by WC_heavyarms

YOU DON'T LISTEN! I said if no one owned one, that would be good. No one owns one, no guns. And I said the police and military need them.

I know what you said, yelling it will not solve anything. When I said I'd rather like to own a gun, and be able to shoot a criminal(from a distance) then have to use a knife or other close-in weapon to defend myself, I was telling you why it is better to own a gun for personal defense..I guess you didn't pick up on that. :(

Guest Admiral Odin

As I have been requested to post my opions on the NRA I will. It is simple I don't have an opion of it. I do not know enough about the NRA to generate one, however that doesn't change my opion about guns.

I don't like guns since I don't seem them an elegant weaon, like a bow and arrow or a sword. However even though I don't like guns, it doesn't mean I don't think people should own them. Here is why.

1.If you make owning a gun illegal you cause people who obey the law, lose their 2nd amendment right. Furthur more you rob them of protection. It solves nothing. Since criminals who don't care about the law in the first place will still have a gun.

2.Poeple should be checked out before the can buy a gun. I mean a very through check up to. As maybe a week/2 week wait. Also gun shows are not exempt form this.

3.Once you are placed in jail, you cannot own a gun

4.Concealed weapons should not be loaded. Have a clip, but don't have in it in the gun.

5.When you buy a gun for the first time, you must should go to classes and learn how to properly use the gun.

6.If you kid kills himself with your gun you should be held for criminal neglect.

Restrictions need to be put in place but they cannot be rash ones. Like these locks? that won't stop school shootings since they are not little kids who do it.

Also states with less restrictions on the carring of guns have less crime. Why; because a criminal first has to think, does this person have a gun? will he kill me if I try to rob him?. Removing guns from the hands of law obey citizens isn't the answer.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Odin. I think that was very well put and those simple sollutions could solve alot of problems. I also think that getting rid of hand guns won't help the problem but it will actually make it worse. I think the idea where people who have been in jail can't buy a gun from a gun show ect. is an excellent idea but would require an increase in pricing but Im sure the government would be more than willing to give out grants or organise a program.

Guest Luke Skywalker

Ok fergie and ill link it from geocities! Great idea and ill just cause you more trouble with leeching. Lol. j/k. I believe the subject is the NRA not avtars so lets try to keep on track.

Guest Admiral Thrawn

Well, Fergie, most criminals buy guns on the black market. They buy assault weapons, often or always, they have to have no criminal record to buy weapons or ammo.

Originally posted by Admiral Thrawn

Well, Fergie, most criminals buy guns on the black market. They buy assault weapons, often or always, they have to have no criminal record to buy weapons or ammo.

MOST criminals DO NOT but their guns on the black Maket...they can go right down to their local gun store and buy a gun...Most criminals do not have the time or resources to go through the Black Market...

Guest Luke Skywalker

You post to much Fergie (even though I have a higher PPD you still post way more than me). Oh and did you know that you can buy warheads for 32 mill a piece? Scarry eh?

Guest Luke Skywalker

Yah but how would you launch it? If you set it off on the ground it would do as much as dropping it from a plane would, Im not the greatest in physics (right now) but I think the tonne force it exterts is higher when its dropped from a level because gravity exerts force on it. Err not all that sure though.

Archived