Home

U.S. Army Funds New Computer Games

CaptainRAVE

The U.S. Army has teamed up with Sony Pictures ImageWorks, Pandemic Studios, and Quicksilver Software to produce two new computer games within the next two years.

The Army will provide not only funding for the strategical games, but also insights on war to aid game development.

"While offering unique training aids for potential squad leaders or captains, these products will also teach game players everywhere about how to leverage human resources and information-skills that will benefit them enormously in their professions."

I reckon it sounds pretty cool :)

Nothing really new.. the military has used and helped design computers games for years (going back, if I recall, to "Military BattleZone" in the early 80's). But I guess the deal here is that they will be made available to the general public as well?

Kurgan

Yes, it sounds cool...as long as they don't give away too many secrets. I mean, we don't want all those tin-pot despots getting too many ideas.

I wonder if there'll be a little bit of code in there sending information to some remote tactical computer judging the best players to see who is a likely future recruit?

*knocks on head*

Paranoia overload.

*short circuit*

Ah, that's better. ;)

Mind you, I'm not really a fan of strategic games, so... *shrugs*

Archived