Home

ISP Problems

TornSoul

Who has a couple of bombs I can use to bomb the Dutch @Home buildings? I've had to endure 6 days without internet and I still don't know why.

Day 1: I'm suddenly disconnected from IRC (just before a meeting). After 30 minutes I decide to call @Home. They say there are a couple of problems with the network and it should be fixed within 2 days.

Day 2: Waiting... waiting... waiting... no Internet...

Day 3: It's been 2 days, so I call again. They don't know anything about any problems with the network. Everything should work fine. I'm put on hold to wait for someone from the technical apartment. After 90 minutes of boring music I give up.

Day 4: I call again. Have to wait 30 minutes before I get someone on the phone (again boring music). They say there were problems with the network, but they should be fixed. They tell me to do a couple of things I already did a 1000 times before I called and blow me off with saying they can't do anything about it and I just have to wait till the problems magically go away.

Day 5: I call again. Again boring music. Again put in wait for someone from the technical apartment. After waiting 2 hours I finally get someone and he tells me to do the exact same things I had done the day before and I already did them that day. So, that didn't help either.

Day 6: WOW! It's working again! I guess miracles do happen. After 6 days of boring music and rude people, the problem just magically goes away.

After all the problems we've had with @Home, we've decided to change ISP. Since @Home is the only one here who does cable, we're going to go to ADSL.

Archived