Home

Lord Of The Rings

duder

Originally posted by duder

Thank God I thought I was the only Tom Bombadil fan in the world!!!

Its not gonna be the same without that druggie gardener around the place

"Its not gonna be the same without that druggie gardener around the place" -ROFLMAO!!!!!! :D :D You're right :)

(--Just remembered what my screen name is + fell on floor LMAO again ;))

And you certainly aren't the only Bombadil fan in the world! In fact, he's almost my favourite character..don't really have an actual favourite, now i think about it..... ah well :)

I'm tempted Not to go and see the movie, as I'm morbidly certain that it won't live up to my expectations (my own interpretation of the books) and that it'll be best described as a visual butchering of the books :(

From what I've seen, Harry Potter looks ok... but I've read all of those books too, and his hair is definitely waaaay too tidy in the film :mad: 'least they used an almost-all-English cast :D (guess where I'm from :p)

Just as a side note, have any of you who're interested been over to the Jedi Outcast Premier Forums yet?

If they're confused enough as to who's-who(new) there, you should be able to get a Chocolate Jedi Medallion off StormHammer, and a (another?) gift basket from Boba Rhett ;)

TTFN + MTFBWY

W_B

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

"Its not gonna be the same without that druggie gardener around the place" -ROFLMAO!!!!!! :D :D You're right :)

(--Just remembered what my screen name is + fell on floor LMAO again ;))

And you certainly aren't the only Bombadil fan in the world! In fact, he's almost my favourite character..don't really have an actual favourite, now i think about it..... ah well :)

I'm tempted Not to go and see the movie, as I'm morbidly certain that it won't live up to my expectations (my own interpretation of the books) and that it'll be best described as a visual butchering of the books :(

From what I've seen, Harry Potter looks ok... but I've read all of those books too, and his hair is definitely waaaay too tidy in the film :mad: 'least they used an almost-all-English cast :D (guess where I'm from :p)

W_B

1.hair is way too tidy

2.yeah all english cast.....i think i come from no where in particular too.

3.Tom Bombadil rules. He'd shame Gandalf at a smokin session. I used to argue in my English Literature classes that he was the greatest character ever to written about, i had a lot of opposition.

4.Come on with Peter Jackson at the helm this should be sepcial!!!

I think a lot of u use star wars as ur security blanket! all i said was that LOTR had the potential to be better.

Sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but mine us better than all oif yours!!!

:p :p :p

haha rolflamo yours is better?? well i WOULD like the movie if the main character wasnt that freak, just one of those guys ya want to punch, like harry potter......

yea well, i try NOT too get into arguements with people, same with starting them because one day id really really really like to become a moderator on here (even though it probably wont happen:( ) and argueing with people on forums is not a good example to some admistraitors.....or fellow mods

dang, i spammed alot on this topic, im sorry moderators

Originally posted by Zendjir

And on and on and......hey!.....it stopped :D

Wow you guys actually solved the matter, this forum truly houses the great people of this world. On most forums out there they keep flaming eachother until someone goes away, I'm impressed.

WTF LOTR IS OBVIOUSLY SUPERIOR

4.Come on with Peter Jackson at the helm this should be sepcial!!!

Ok, ok, I've done some reading-up on him (and the cast, too - RingFaq :)) and, from what I've read, he does sound pretty damn good. So do the cast, for that matter... not too many yanks :D (no offence meant, just an opinion ;)) and he's from New Zealand, so that's cool...;)

How do you (all) envisage Gollum? I haven't found a pic of what they've made him like yet...

TTFN,

W_B

Oh yeah, I wanna be a mod too! (Seriously).

Where do i sign up?? j/k ;)

Originally posted by Wacky_Baccy

Ok, ok, I've done some reading-up on him (and the cast, too - RingFaq :)) and, from what I've read, he does sound pretty damn good. So do the cast, for that matter... not too many yanks :D (no offence meant, just an opinion ;)) and he's from New Zealand, so that's cool...;)

How do you (all) envisage Gollum? I haven't found a pic of what they've made him like yet...

TTFN,

W_B

Oh yeah, I wanna be a mod too! (Seriously).

Where do i sign up?? j/k ;)

well he is meant to be a mutated human....i thought the animated version captured his characters essence perfectly. Ive not seen a picture yet but im sure he's gonna be very cool indeed!!!

And the lack of yanks makes for a very refreshing change!!! Liv Tyler dosnt count as she is foxy. :D :D :D

Gollum?

Hmmm lemme think

Grey skin, and almost no clothing, skinny. He has yellow eyes and sharp teeth. A bit slimy. He has clawlike hands, with long fingernails. He is always bent forward.

He has little hair, but it is also grey.

Yeah, that sums up my vision of Gollum. Not everything, because I couldnt find the correct words for some things.

i think this is the beauty of the book, the vivid description of chracracters, surroundings and events are superb. Your description of Gollum is straight out of the book, i think everyone that has read the book would describe him as in a similar vein,i cant see how the film can go wrong.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Guest SlashAndBurn

I envision Gollum almost like a cross betweena human frog(all the descriptions of his feet flapping on rocks) and an old wrinkley Hobbit.

I never cared for Tom Bombadli. He's a good character and helps to add to the feel of the stories but I dont feel would have lended anything to the movie.

LOTR RULES!!!:D

Guest Supreme Warlord

Let's all wait for the movie to come out. Lord of the Ring is gonna to be better than Star Wars. It has the potential to become big as Star Wars was. If it doesnt become big as Star Wars, then we all mob Duder for dissing Star Wars:D . I want to see the Lord of the Rings and It will be better. :) oh yeah when the movies come out then we all argue like crazy about which is better. :p

Guest Sarcastic Saint

Actually i've already seen a pic of Gollum....and well....lets hope "it" improves....

That is too say that i saw a bit of him hiding in the shadows and....it looked awfully CG....but that could be because of the shadow(s) or...the fact that the pic wasnt all that...

Originally posted by Supreme Warlord

Let's all wait for the movie to come out. Lord of the Ring is gonna to be better than Star Wars. It has the potential to become big as Star Wars was. If it doesnt become big as Star Wars, then we all mob Duder for dissing Star Wars:D . I want to see the Lord of the Rings and It will be better. :) oh yeah when the movies come out then we all argue like crazy about which is better. :p

jeez you guys crack me up ahahahahaha!!!! how i laughed at this eheheheheeh!!!!

:D :D :D :D

sos dudes i was only kidding myself....editing rules!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Originally posted by Zendjir

Yeah, let's blame it all on duder if he is wrong :)

And if he is right....I'm gonna edit some of my posts so that it looks like I actually was the one who said LOTR would be the greatest :D

hehehe i love editing my posts after people have replied to them....it makes me feel so powerful!

Archived