Home

cheating is for LOSERS!

Spaceball_One

thats right, i had the balls to say it... CHEATING IS FOR LOSERS. in fact, CHEATING IS FOR PU$$IES. now i know that this is a LOT to ask of the RAVEN CREW, but im seriously begging you NOT to make any cheats for JEDI KNIGHT 2. cheating totally ruins the gaming expirience for a lot of people. sure, some people say that they won't cheat but just the fact alone that there are cheats out there for them to use is way too tempting. i play COUNTER-STRIKE all the time and its the perfect example of a totally awesome game that has fallen to ruin because of cheaters. so please RAVEN, use COUNTER-STRIKE as an example... don't let cheaters ruin JEDI KNIGHT 2 like they did to CS. and im sure some fat loser dork who sits behind a computer 24-7 may eventually come up with a hack or something of the sort, so please make some kind of anti-cheat for multiplayer... like PUNKBUSTER (although i heard that PB has stopped updating itself due to lack of support from VALVE) and i hope that you guys keep the gaming expirience pure for JEDI KNIGHT 2.

thank you.

Originally posted by Darth_Rommel

I think SP cheating is okay. Not everyone has enough time to finish a long game. :)

Cheating on MP bothers me though... :mad:

These days i find it too easy to finish FPS. i finish them on the hardest in about 1-2 days. i have no need for cheats.

i agree cheating for SP isnt that bad but cheats for MP blow!, single player cheats are sometimes fun if u want to go back to the game after u beat it and have fun, also most cheats in games are in there for the beta testers doing video reviews etc... since there trying to find bugs in the game they dont got the time to worry about health or ammo, thats why some cheats like god mode and infinite ammo are in almost all games....

I agree

I have no problem with cheats in SP

I only used them to have some fun after I completed the game, but they can also be used if you want to just go trough the game easily and really fast

And of course in MP they totally ruin the game

All those assholes that played JK throwing all kind of stuff out of the conc, made walls appear anywhere, and were invincible really ruined the games

I too agree that cheat codes being made available in SP are kind of a necessity. To reiterate on some of the reasons above, cheat codes let those of us who want to go to otherwise inaccessable areas of the game do so, and they offer an alternative to replaying a certain section of the game over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and, oh, the quickload key is broken now. Suffice to say, they allow people to avoid some serious frustration and resentment towards the game. Furthermore, people who want to cheat will, and those who don't won't. Most of us have enough discipline to decide whether or not we do or don't want to use the cheats.

I also agree with everyone else that cheating in multiplayer just sucks. It's stupid. I don't see the point other than to have some fun at everyone else's expense. Cheating the computer and AI opponents is okay; if the computer's feelings suddenly become hurt the most it can do is blow the monitor up in your face. Cheating human players isn't okay because we all have feelings. :)

I say raven works that into their support model.

IE, if we find a hack, we send it to them, and they fix it so it doesn't work. Would be a great boon to the community for them to do that and give hackers a productive outlet for their malicious scripting. Anything they write that Raven hadn't thought of they could submit and Raven could write a new patch crediting them.

Would be the most hack free game around because the hackers would be helping to cure the cheatin prob.

Lucky

Actually I dont mind cheating when its not used in mp and is only used after the game has been completed. That way you can get to places or try things that wouldnt have been sensible when playing the game properly. It also allows you to view the levels more without constantly worrying if a stormtrooper is right round the next corner.

This is prolly the most sensible topic on this forum.......

Having been a victim of cheats in Counter Strike, X Wing Alliance, Voyager elite force, QIII and JK I'm getting really ####ed off with it. This kind of thing causes communities to break up and like CS the servers are filled with ppl who spend their time watching to see who, in their opinion, is cheating and not playing and enjoying the game.

SP cheat modes, as u have all said offer an ulternative when u've completed the game. I really don't see how companies like Raven can stop ppl hacking and cracking at games, to gain an advantage in MP. Ppl have tried with CS, namely Punk Buster but as soon as a new version of that was releasd certain sites where carrying the hacks round it, tbh i hope Raven get the game right and find a way of reducing access to the games code and slowing down, if not stopping these cheating loosers.

Guest Sarcastic Saint

Ofcourse it is....you know i've never understood why people would want to cheat in mp??

Sure i can imagine it to be fun for a little while...but after that as more and more people get angry....but then again maybe such individuals get a kick out of just that.

The world is filled with idiots...save for a few....ofcourse. :D

Archived