Home

Worth Getting??

CaptainRAVE

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

Next weekend im going into town before christmas....is this game worth getting??....oh yea, and HI, im from the JK2.net forums :)

If you like Age of Empires 1 or 2, and you like Star Wars, I highly recommend it. Best of both worlds.

If you don't like AoE, or if you want something different, then I'd say no, because it is very, very similar to AoE 2. If you have never played AoE, then I'd definitely recommend it... it's worth learning that engine. Quite nice.

Guest GhostKeeper

I bought this game and I think it personally sucks. It goes so slow, unbalanced units, this game shouldnt even be a "real" game, it should be a mod.

If I was you I would buy Empire Earth, it's in 3d and 10x better then this game. Hope I helped you out :)

Guest crd_polaris

I thought AOK was ok, but SWGB is better in my opinion. I bought Empire Earth and its not that great. Takes longer to play, really small units, and it takes a million years to reach the age.

IF you played AOE don't expect anything too radical change wise.. If you haven't played AOE the I recommend getting this game. There is nothing wrong with barrowing engines.. People barrow the Quake III engine all the time...

The SYstem Requirements are also low, good if you have a low to mid end system.

To be honast the Single Player Campaigns are kinda dull..

The Graphics are old yes, but I think 2D graphics look a ton of a lot better than most 3D games..

All in All I reccommend it

Originally posted by crd_polaris

I thought AOK was ok, but SWGB is better in my opinion. I bought Empire Earth and its not that great. Takes longer to play, really small units, and it takes a million years to reach the age.

Empire Earth is just a bit too easy...

If you get one age above the enemy it is over...they don't have a chance in the world...especially if you get to Nano before the enemy...

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

Well, if you are into playing 8 hours from stone age to blasting with lazers, yes. If not, then no. It's also slow as hell, the minimum requirement is like 400 MHZ processor and 128 MB RAM.

Originally posted by Stan|SCN Punk

Well, if you are into playing 8 hours from stone age to blasting with lazers, yes. If not, then no. It's also slow as hell, the minimum requirement is like 400 MHZ processor and 128 MB RAM.

No problem there....

1.4Ghz Athlon

512Mb DDR Ram

GeForce 3

Archived