Home

New fan-made SW Simulation game: "Freewing"

Dagobahn Eagle

It appears that a freelance design team has been allowed by LEC to create their own SW simulation game. The project, currently known as FreeWing, will be multi-genre, and with full multiplayer support. Judging from the screenshot, at least the graphic designers look talented enough (besides from the character's choice of clothing, maybe?).

Taken from Defiant's Flying Temple:

We are proud to unveil an early glimpse of our project, FreeWing. As a team, we aim to create (as Nob describes it) a trans-genre immersive simulation, with full multiplayer support. The game is being developed by X-Wing [editing] veterans decoy, Defiant, Nob, Rogue, and Snooba the Wookie. Many of the ships are being designed by Erai of Rogue Republic Technologies, including the cruiser in the background of the teaser. Countless others have contributed ideas and have helped to mold the game to its current design.

For years, we have been trying to modify [X-Wing Alliance, which was] simply was not designed with any sort of modding community in mind. Based on this experience, FreeWing is being built with maximum extensibility in mind.

More information will be released when the renovation of Flying Temple's web site is complete.

will this cost anything?

Chances are it won't, but when we're talking about giving, someone should provide that guy with a pair of pants :).

So far we know about nothing about the game (1 sceenshot is the only reference given :p), except that it'll be SW oriented, customisable (according to quote), multi-genre-based (I'm not sure about the meaning of this, but I hope it's some SW version of Tribes 2 -walk around with armors and fly about in spaceships).

Sounds awesome.. If I knew what it was :D

Well, I can only hope Defiant'll eventually tell us :). I hope it plays like Tribes 2, only with SW units.

Think Tribes 2 with armors like Stormtrooper armor, Jedi robe (which would about equal scout armor), and maybe a couple of smuggler outfits, and vessels like Speeder bikes (which would be the same as the GravCycle), fighters like X-Wings (which would equal shrikes), and two-man ships like Y-Wings (bombers, only with two units instead of three). Oh, and AT-ATs (one guy driving, one at the guns (controlling the head movement&firing), and room for like ten people in the hold) :D:atat::D.

Hey, a guy must be allowed to dream :angel:, mustn't he?

Archived