Home

Seeing Billy Joel and Elton John

Keyan Farlander

I managed to snag tickets to a Billy Joel/Elton John show in January at the MCI center in Washington D.C. Billy Joel is my favorite and I really like Elton John, too. It's going to be great! I've seen Billy Joel in concert once, and it was the greatest show I've ever seen (I was also in the fifth row). I also saw him once with Elton a while back (1994?), and it was good, but I had really crappy seats.

Nice.

So they're still doing the face to face tour thing huh?

I guess Elton's in more financial trouble than I thought.

The show's real nice, I caught em when they were in Chicagoland a few months back.

Only thing is, Billy's kinda lost his voice.

Not as much as say oh Paul McCartney but it was pretty noticable...

The tour WAS over, I think, but it seems they added some new dates for some reason. I thought Billy was sick of being on tour, but I'm not complaining! I did think he wanted to focus on his classical music, though. He just released a really nice CD of piano pieces, in fact.

As for the voice thing, he had some throat troubles a while back, and actually had to cancel some shows. His voice quality actually seems to fluctuate now. It's a little strange. But he's getting older, and that kind of stuff happens, I guess.

Archived