Home

JK MP rules and restrictions

xwing guy

In JK MP I'm a saberist because I suck with guns, so whenever I face a gunner I usually pull away his weapon but then they usually start complaining saying, "No pull." and things like that. But what I gotta say is in combat there is no rules, there is no restrictions, so you people who whine and complain in JK MP games about no pull and stuff just because you don't like it then why don't you take away destruction because I hate it when somebody blasts me with destruction but nobody sees me complaining about it. So basically the bottom line is do you folks here agree with me that there should be no rules or restrictions in JK MP games on your force powers and weapons or not?

I deplore cheating, but as a game host, if I'm in the mood to "change the rules" to suit the situation and players, I will do so. I have always felt that it is the host of the game's responsibility to make the rules (whatever they are) known to all the joining players in a timely manner and to enforce them to the best of his ability.

Players on the other hand, have no obligation to obey them, but they also should realize that breaking them might lead to their not being welcome at that server. ; )

Thus, I think to avoid confusion, the JK2 team should to their best to provide the game hosts/servers with plenty of options that allow them to stop cheating (pure server options, remote admin, pw protection) and to customize the game how they see fit.

I think that games with rules should be clearly labelled, showing exactly what settings are being used (this should display in the game as well, so people can check up on them if needed).

I sometimes make my own "house rules" like sabers only, during a game, if I want to, but then if people don't like it they can find another game.

I agree though that sometimes I'll be playing and it's obvious the rules were merely changed at a whim because somebody was a sore loser.. I recall one time I was told not to use a weapon because I was winning with it, so I switched to another weapon and continued to kick butt, so that weapon was also "banned." Three of four weapons/powers were banned before I finally just said heck with it and left. But.. as the host of the game, they still had the right to make those rules, even if I disagreed with them.

I see your point, I just hope we have lots of options.. so everybody is happy. ; )

Kurgan

From a general point of view, I agree with both positions. Yes, the server is hosting and has a right to make the rules. Fair enough. On the other hand, a host that changes the rules simply because the host is losing and wants to create rules more favorable to him/her - that's just being a poor sport.

My own personal point of view, at least with regard to Jedi Knight: MotS, is that banning weapons, powers, personalities, and maps eally detracted from the gameplay. If these things were added to the game, then they're fair. Every weapon, power, personality and map has a strength and weakness that can be exploited to further ones success in any given situation. In summary, I find the banning of features to be distasteful.

Well i usually play all goes except cheating but it really does get annoying when u get the odd newbie jsut pullnig all the guns but a newbie won't do much harm so i don't whine. If ur good u'll be half decent at jumping across levels and running around d keeping ur guns from getting pulled. ff is full force so everything goes so it's your problem. if they pull it because that's the rules but think about they pull u blow them u pwith destruction at the same time. fair deal unless they're just donig it to annoy u and they have the same skill as u which means they can follow u aroudn and keep yoinking ur gun. u might wanna have a little refresh time after pulls in jk so u don't wanna have people being idiots but i have no problem with it.

Archived