Home

The Golden Gate

Dagobahn Eagle

Do you think the terrorists will hit the bridges?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the terrorists will hit the bridges?

• Yes
    • No

SACRAMENTO, California (CNN) -- Gov. Gray Davis said Thursday state officials had received a "credible threat" against four major bridges that could be the target of terrorists during rush hour between November 2 and 7.

top.vincent.bridge.ap.jpg

Do you think the terrorists are really going to attempt to blow up one or more bridges? It would hurt the city if the bridges to and from it were blown up, right? Still, you can't be sure. Could be an American teen playing a prank on the police for all we know.

Guest Tie Guy

Uhh...thats not the Golden Gate Bridge. Last time i saw it it was red. ;)

AS for the question, they may attempt to blow up a bridge, but it would be much harder to take a bridge down than a super tall building. For one, you'd have to go by boat, and that could be difficult.

Or you can just walk on the bridge(maybe dressed as matinance) and have a jacket of C4 (man walks along the bridge in worker getup...gets to crutial point on bridge and pulls the string setting off the C4 inside his jacket) anything is possible with sucidal people running around...

You don't think it's a little odd that they announce what might happen??

Seems to me it's just scaremongering, and when it doesn't happen does that mean that it's been successfully prevented because of the increased security or does it mean that it was never going to happen in the first place..............................

Take it with a pinch of salt, what is the credible evidence? did the terrorists send them a letter saying "here are our proposed targets" ?? strange.:confused:

Guest dlayers

Not sure if you guys remember, but on September 11th a truck was detained on the Potomac bridge in washington d.c. full of fertilizer and diesel fuel.

This same mix of chemicals was used to destory the Federal building in Oklahoma City.

This is what you should be on the lookout for.

C4 could probably take out a section of that bridge, but would not bring it completely down.

If these guys figured out how to bring down the WTC then they probably have an idea on how to take out bridges.

I believe they are releasing these statement so that the American people will be on the lookout for poetential threats.

While it does cause fear-monguring, you also have several million more pairs of eyes on the lookout besides law enforcement, the FBI and the CIA.

Originally posted by dlayers

[b

If these guys figured out how to bring down the WTC then they probably have an idea on how to take out bridges.

[/b]

I seriously doubt that it was a concerted effort aimed at bringing down the buildings, more than likely they didn't expect that to happen.

Guest WC_heavyarms

I have no idea. This morning on Good morning america, they said they would hit some in california. Only time will tell, and I doubt they really will, but only time will tell. We should keep are guard up though.

Guest WC_heavyarms

most of the bridges there are suspension bridges, the strongest type. These ones rely on those huge steel cables and suports. They could easily blow them up, but it would take what fergie said, a fuel truck and some c4 would easily do it, or they could just use another plane, and a AAA gun would do nothing, because the debris would hit the bridge, and still kill lots of people.

Originally posted by jesseg88

No. The bridges would be declared a no-fly zone and anti-aircraft guns could be placed on top of the towers.

I doubt it very seriously...We are probably too streched out to devote a guard or 2 to every major bridge...Also they would have to divert valuable equipment like Stinger missile systems and RPGs(to take out a bad dude's car) or even just M-16s...It is valuable equipment and valuable time we don't and can't use...

Archived