Home

The Jedi

Paragon_Leon

The converstion ablite is cool but not a reason to make them converting 10 guys in and army of 50 won't help save your jedi if you've secured a large amount of nova and have a surpluse their nice to have and and cool. But if you don't have a lot of extra nova their a waste. I too rember seeing a computer sending 8 sith apprittecs toward me and being scarerd to death then i mwacth them drop like flysa to 2 turrets and 10 troopers outside them.

just to make sure that I don't like the Jedi I tried them again.

I started a hardest DM Rebel game. Built walls and turets so my base was safe. Once safe I saved the game. I had the leasure to stock up on Jedi.

I made

40 Jedi

40 BH

15 adv Fighters

10 medics

6 anti-air tanks

6 cannons

and stormed the enemy base!

My forces were completely whiped out before half the base was destroyed.

Restarted my saved game and repleced the Jedi with Heavy Assult Mechs.

I wiped out both computer civs in one fail swoop!

I ended with 13 Assult Mecs

3 anti air

2 cannons.

The Jedi cost the same as an assult mech. Why ?

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

A jedi can literally take out an Assault mech if they are pitted against one another, simply because an Assault Mech cannot attack melee-attacking units ;).

Guest Emperor_Mech
Originally posted by whom2be

just to make sure that I don't like the Jedi I tried them again.

I started a hardest DM Rebel game. Built walls and turets so my base was safe. Once safe I saved the game. I had the leasure to stock up on Jedi.

I made

40 Jedi

40 BH

15 adv Fighters

10 medics

6 anti-air tanks

6 cannons

and stormed the enemy base!

My forces were completely whiped out before half the base was destroyed.

Restarted my saved game and repleced the Jedi with Heavy Assult Mechs.

I wiped out both computer civs in one fail swoop!

I ended with 13 Assult Mecs

3 anti air

2 cannons.

The Jedi cost the same as an assult mech. Why ?

Yeah, I dont care how good an infantry unit is it can never replace an armored war machine. HOWEVER I STILL LIKE JEDI

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

I don't know, a pure army of AT-AT's can be wiped out pretty easily by even a couple of jedi/sith and/or mounted troopers pretty easily ;).

Guest Emperor_Mech

One final revision to my opinion: Jedi can be killed by a massive assault team, yes obviously. I have seen this now, and yes unless you get Jedi Masters, Jedi/ Sith are better left as holocron fetchers, however Jedi Masters can be helpful augmenting your assault forces by converting defenders and removing Infantry/Melee units that might be dangerous to your mechs, and I have also found them useful in fending off surprise air assaults via conversion. WIll I continue to use Jedi? Yes. Do I know they have limits and are not gods? Definetly. G'day

I do like the convert feature of the jedi. Although, I find it cumbersome to use in battle. First I have to find where my Jedi has run off to and click convert. I may get flamed for this(and I don't know if it would be better) I want the Jedi to have an automatically convert option, just like aggressive stance...etc...

I want them to target the most powerful thing that is attacking them. And when they hit 100%, convert again. I would use them then. even if they cost more.

I have never been able to pit 40 Jedi Aginst 40 assult mechs.

If anyone has the time try it. I don't think the jedi will win.

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

In AOK, the monks capable of conversion are incapable of attacking, so their conversion ability is automatic for them. Unfortunately, this is not the case with SWGB.

like with air units, I find that jedi are much better defensive units than offensive. They can take out enemy mechs efficiently, and masters can convert them against the enemy. It would be nice if they were brought down in cost for the update, a fully upgraded jedi costs an absolute fortune, and really isnt worth it!

I like lesson defence then on the attack on defence I like a tight packed force with ranged weapons that can deliver hits at appoching enemys. I also like to use artillery and even cannons on defence(where their slow speed isn't a factor but their heavy damge is) I don't want to worry about a jedi master worth 400 nova running around while my cannon wait to shoot.

Archived