Home

The Jedi

Paragon_Leon

Costly, yes, and impracticle.

They simply aren't that great. Many things have higher attack and HP and they are ranged. They havea disadvatage verse just about every thing and are easily destroyed even without bounty hunters. They always get wasted before they can convert anything, so that is useless. Stealth mode is worthless with so many detectors and even without them they get wasted as soon as they do anything at all.

Guest jediaoe

I am usually a civ that doesn't specialize with them so i only use them to get holocrons and they are killed easily so they are pretty pointless to build.

They stink a squad of about 20 repeater troopers can mow down dozens of them. The comp builds alot of them I plant my saqud tell it to hold send on eman foward shot the jedi and wacth them drop like flys as they run toward my men. Their some what usful in tech two casue troopers are slow weak and theuir no mechs ot air. But in 3 and 4 the troopers are stronger strike mechs come into play not to mention Destroyer driods, drak troopers, air units, bounty hunter and so one past tech 3 their usless if you spend a little cash to be ready for them.

I don't even bother with Jedi unless I'm after holocrons, anymore. They just get killed too stinkin' fast.

They're too weak! I'd gladly pay more resources if they were faster, more powerful, and actually did something other than chop and slash.

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

I ONLY build one sith to get holocrons, and that's it. The only circumstance when I want to get more is when that sith dies and there is more holo's to go after.

I agree the Jedi/Sith in this game are nothing but holocron fetchers.

Unless I fill like toying with the enemy and have a lot of resources to waste. I'll make a few and send them to convert turets or something. But thats only when the enemy is weak and I have the leasure to be silly.

Still the turet will cut through one jedi before it is converted, so you have to send many.

Other than that I don't use them at all in a battle. I can build many cheaper troopers for the price of a jedi. All either do is draw the enemy fire from my Destroyers or cannons.

sad realy. I remember when I first played the game and saw a jedi comming.... I was realy frantic.... now I don't even blink

Guest Stan|SCN Punk

Yes, I remember the first time I saw a Sith Apprentice in battle and it freaked me out (of course, back then I don't even know what power cores were ;)).

I'll give LA credit for at least this much: Jedi are portrayed very realistically within the game. look at it this way - Some have adopted the "Ani" view of Jedi:

"No one can kill a Jedi" Ani TPM,

However as we shall soon see in the upcoming release of Episode 2, Jedi's are indeed just as "mortal" as any other living beings, is so much as they can be killed by conventional means (i.e. blaster shots, explosions etc.), They just posess greater abilities and vitals, but immortality and invincibility are not among the lists. Episode 1 (As well as Episode 2) clued/will clue us in to the immense amounts of time and training that go into a Jedi' career and life as a Jedi. And from what we know about post ANH, Jedi are extremely rare.

So it is entirely acceptable to make Jedi extremely expensive to accurately portray the immense training that goes into the "making" of a Jedi. Secondly, as it is, they are very strong for an individual unit, especially one on a "Character" scale as opposed to a "vehicle" scaled unit. Making them any stronger would completely take away from the realism of the Jedi unit (listen to me, I used realism and Jedi in the same sentence, maybe I really do spend to much time in the Star Wars universe :p )within the game that is, and in relation to the Star Wars Universe of course.

Having said all that..... I just use them to collect holocrons, beings they are so expensive and so easily killed. :D

Guest Emperor_Mech

I dont know what coke you guys have been snorting but a decently upgraded Jedi/Sith Master is one of the toughest things in the game. I have seen them take out huge amounts of your beloved Heavy Destroyer Droids, I have also seen them defeat huge air forces by conversion and I have succeeded in assaulting a well defended Wookie base full of Berserkers with one Elite Royal Crusader and 11 or 12 Jedi (Its called trading food for Nova people) I KICKED ASS!!! They kept sending out Mounted Troops and Berserkers and the Jedi kept killing them, now maybe I missed something but that was not something a Monk could do in Age of Kings. Their huge amount of Hit points and great attack strength and ability to cloak makes them far better than any monks. Maybe its just favoritism but Jedi are awesome.

Originally posted by Emperor_Mech

I dont know what coke you guys have been snorting but a decently upgraded Jedi/Sith Master is one of the toughest things in the game. I have seen them take out huge amounts of your beloved Heavy Destroyer Droids, I have also seen them defeat huge air forces by conversion and I have succeeded in assaulting a well defended Wookie base full of Berserkers with one Elite Royal Crusader and 11 or 12 Jedi (Its called trading food for Nova people) I KICKED ASS!!! They kept sending out Mounted Troops and Berserkers and the Jedi kept killing them, now maybe I missed something but that was not something a Monk could do in Age of Kings. Their huge amount of Hit points and great attack strength and ability to cloak makes them far better than any monks. Maybe its just favoritism but Jedi are awesome.

Let me guess, you were playing the computer?

Against humans things aren't the same. No body sends out small groups of melee units to fight jedi. Humans mass troops and units, and alot of anything will beat a few jedi.

Guest Emperor_Mech

No actually I was playing multiplayer thank you. Jedi arent supposed to be 1 man assault teams but they will cut through troopers like a hot knife through butter.

Guest Emperor_Mech

So what you are trying to say Is a Jedi should be a one man wrecking crew, they are better than troopers and can take down Mechs pretty easy if they get up close to them. Maybe if you guys werent using Jedi KNIGHTs and starting using Jedi Masters you wouldnt have these problems.[/rant]

Originally posted by Stan|SCN Punk

I ONLY build one sith to get holocrons, and that's it. The only circumstance when I want to get more is when that sith dies and there is more holo's to go after.

I agree completely. They're basically nothing more than errand boys. "Go get that holocron for me, boy!"

Against humans things aren't the same. No body sends out small groups of melee units to fight jedi. Humans mass troops and units, and alot of anything will beat a few jedi.

Again. I agree completely. Who only sends out really small waves of units to attack? I don't. I go for the FORCE, baby! As in FULL FORCE. Massive military attacks. But then again, I am also into strategic battles and not wussy rushes. I like to have strategic battles. Not worker slaughter......at least not until that's all that is left to kill, lol. :D

Well Jedi for the most part i think are great and if they costed anyless you could make 100 masters and convert bases all over the map before they killed all your jedi. yes if you send 4 jedi knights against an army what do you expect? them to take on 50 guys with no problems, no they get raped. yes granted it would be cool if they could block lasers with there sabars but i doubt that will be happening cause than you could send 10 jedi in a block all the laser of everything right back to them and kill them. it would ruin game balance. but jedis are very effective for one add a few to any army you will see the help they add. never use them alon though unless you got like 20 or so masters. masters can also come in handy having like two of them. if you having problems getting time to give your army a push into someones base. you can send some cloaked masters in to covert some turrots and when he goes to destroy them or your jedis send in your army. but jedis are very effective, but suck on their own just like most any other unit. my opinion jedis are more strategic to play with than send them in and see what happens takes a lil more micro managing with them. its the same of every unit like the atats, you can kill a a couple of them with workers alone cause if you get in close they are uselesss. every unit sucks unless back by other units.

Archived