Home

Saber Control

Outlaw

After completing Obi-Wan I may have become a little spoiled. One analog stick controled the feet while another controled the direction the saber would swing. This type of control gave the game a lot of immersion and flexibility when attacking multiple enemys. In Jedi Outcast, in 3rd person mode, will the arrow keys control the feet and the mouse control the direction the saber will swing? I hope its not like Jedi Knight 1 where one or two keys control the saber use. This gives me a very detached feeling and I hope its not repeated in Outcast.

You can always reprogram any controls to mouse buttons. With four I would set them as primary and secondary attacks, use current force power (maybe, I usually set the numpad stuff to specific powers) and jump.

Edit: As for control, if I recall correctly they said that it's going to be somewhat similar to JK, but with many more options. In other words, down slash if you're jumping, side slash if sidestepping, thrust if going forward etc. Plus there will probably be 1st and 2nd attack for all of those.

Guys, when I stated use the mouse to control the saber swing direction it was only in third person mode. In first person mode you defenetely need the mouse to aim your weapons and point direction with. Also, if Raven improved upon the Jedi Knight 1 saber control system it may be very playable using the keys or mouse buttons. So, I'm not to worried about it.

Archived