Home

Lurker Mode

rolsen

Because there's no point in signing up if you have nothing to say. Lots of people lurk, sometimes for months, while they get a read on the state of the community and the personalities.

I did that myself, in fact. And then even after I had registered it took me more time yet to make my first post here. Just standard operating proceedure, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Originally posted by Denise

Because there's no point in signing up if you have nothing to say. Lots of people lurk, sometimes for months, while they get a read on the state of the community and the personalities.

I did that myself, in fact. And then even after I had registered it took me more time yet to make my first post here. Just standard operating proceedure, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Very true, but a few months ago I was more or less posting actively. For example, when those screenshots came out in PC Gamer in November... then I just got caught up with real life and didn't really post much. I'm trying to change that, because I really do enjoy being an active member of the community. :D

I did that too. For about a month at owk.net (rip) i observed everyone, then i started posting little opinions here and there, then more and more, until i joined their quest for nothingness.

Observing is good. Just let us know if you're observing. say hi.

We don't bite. Well........... most of us :) Matt windu has been known to bite :) Same with wardz.

Let us know you're out there!

I sort of do it the other way around. Whenever I come across a forum that looks interesting, I register, and post a reply to something that sparks my interest...so I jump in head first. :D

Sometimes you get people calling you newbie, or outright flaming...but I've got a thick skin so it doesn't bother me much.

In recent months, though, I've been posting less and lurking more on some other forums I frequent. :)

P.S. As far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as a newbie...

Guest Krayt Tion

Due to my craptastic circumstances I make up a different category of lurker altogether.

Me Be one who is able to only watch from time to time, knowing full well that he can't get involved in the game, site, or forum posting for quite a whiles still. However, this place is still important enough to me that I feel an obligation to keep in the loop and the best way to do that is still to lurk on occasion.

I feel very much like I've been Scrooged and am sitting by the Ghost of Pre-Release Present, watching but knowing I can't do a damn thing to participate or more importantly help out like I want.

Easily the worst to way to be "part" of a community, and the worst kind of lurker. At least there are those who can merely enjoy watching people interact and are happy at a distance.

Archived