Home

levels questions

NeJJa

Have we seen any of the multiplayer levels for JK2?

I was wondering if Raven is including any of the original multiplayer JK levels (battleground jedi, canyon oasis). I specifically enjoyed these levels because their layout was tailored to Full Force (especially 4 stars on speed and jump). I know lots of people here seem to hate Canyon O, but i thought it was a brilliant map as far as item control and force boost/surge layout was concerned. Just wondering if there are any plans to include these, and im asking because i see the mythical :guard:MRJ :guard: browsing

:)

People seemed to hate Canyon Oasis mainly because it was so over-played. It was still an excellent level and fun to play. Several other engines (q3, halflife, etc) have copied the level as best as they could.

What a treat it would be if Raven decided to bring back all the old levels as some sort of Bonus pack. Regardless, I'm sure Canyon, Nar Shadaa, and Battleground Jedi will be some of the first levels remade by amateurs.

The physics are bound to be different anyway, because it's a different game engine. If the levels you mentioned were made by a mod team...who were aiming to make it as near the original as possible...they would have to test it thoroughly to ensure it plays in a similar way. But keep in mind that JKII is going to have different Force powers and different moves...so the gameplay and tactics will undoubtedly be different too. It will be hard to recapture the same feel that you have playing those levels in JK, IMHO.

Archived