10 members have voted

1. 1. Who likes Wierd Al

• I like him
    • I don't like him
    • Never heard of him
    • I don't know...

It IS all about the Pentiums, baby.

Except for me. I have an Athlon. ;)

There's travel in my future when my tongue freezes to the back of a speeding bus. I'm going to fill a void in my pathetic life by playing Whack-a-Mole 17 hours a day.

That was my horoscope for today. :rolleyes:

But seriously, how can you people only name 1 song anout Star Wars that he has done? I can name 5

1: Anakin Guy (American Pie)

2: Yoda (Lola)

3: Livin' La Vida Yoda (Livin' La Vida Lola)

4: My Name is Darth Vader (My name is)

5: Star Wars Cantina (CopaCabana)

Originally posted by Artoo

He has to be a lyrical genious, maybe not a musical genious. He always keeps the main lines very close to their original sound. Very tough to do, but still sing a good song that actually means something.

I would seriously consider the use of the word, 'genius', he's a comedian, that has a reputation, that is all.

He's more than a comedian! He's a poet for goodness sake! And a songwriter! He wrote several of his own songs also! He's been around for a long time too, so he's not just what's new and happening. I would call him a lyrical genious.

(just supporting my claim)

He's my personal favorite. I've got 2 of his cds. The japanese version of greatest hits volume 2 (in english) and Running with Scissors. Actualy I borrwed them and copied the mp3s and put them on my computer. I'm going to get a compilation of songs by Weird Al that include I can't watch this (I can't touch this) and Trigger Happy. My friend has a cd burner and he was the one who got me hooked on Weird Al.

Originally posted by Artoo

:rofl:

He's not a true poet. He's really a lyrical poet. If you read the words to his songs, you will see, you will see.:yoda:

NO! Bob Dylan is a lyrical poet, Neil Young is a lyrical poet, Weird Al is most definately not a lyrical poet!!!

Archived