Home

Turret Complaint

Surfnshannon

Let's say there's a dude attacking you and you want to safe haven your workers - so you alarm them to go inside. Since your command center holds only 10...your other workers go into your turrets. After you blow the enemy away and you give your workers the all clear - out jumps the workers in the command center and off they go back to work as if nothing ever happened. However, the other workers who took shelter in your turrets are still in your turrets...too lazy to go back to work. You have to tell them individually or group wise to go back. The only way I can tell what they WERE working on is by selecting and seeing what they used to be "ore miner" or what have you. This is VERY annoying. Why can't they remember what they were working on as well...when the all clear sounds...why won't they go back to work???

It's litte more then an annoyance and maybe an insentive to keep him away from your workers. Also I'm not sure but if you look at the turret are their the alret buttons on it's menu I think the forrtress has them and you need to cacnel the alret their too for the workers to come out but I'm not sure I have no problems with it becasue at a glance I can tell what worker was doing what.

Actually, this is proper behavior, as it allows you to fine-tune your response to an invasion. Suppose a few troops get through your outer turret defense net. While the battle rages there, they get into your middle area and you sound the alarm. Your workers go into towers as well as the CC. Now the CC power overwhelms the couple of enemies that made it into your middle area. You can let those workers in the CC go back to work... but the battle is still raging around your turrets. If the workers all came outside, as you would like, then they'd be dead meat.

Basically, there are two choices, and they are equally valid, as far as I can see.

1. Sounding the "all clear" at the CC could let everyone out. This would be good in cases of limited attacks where you want everyone to go out at once, but would force you to let workers out of the CC by hand, rather than using an all clear, if you want to "fine tune" your response and only let certain workers out. Thus, all clear would work well for general cases but not well for fine tuning.

2. Sounding "all clear" from a building only lets workers out of that building. This is good in the case of isolated hot spots, and lets you "fine tune" your response, but does not allow a single "all clear" to be sounded, allowing all workers to go back to work at once.

I can't see how they could do both, so the game programmers had to pick one of the two behaviors. They picked #2, which gives preference to fine-tuning over the single-click generality in #1. Since I prefer fine-tuning to generality, I for one am glad they picked #2.

May the Force be with you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

well ive noticed it all depends on how far/close ur turret is from ur CC

when i do what u just described and my turret is relatively close to my CC, every1 goes bak to work

but say my main base gets attacked but a small colony accross the map doesnt, if i hit the button in my CC, the main workers go in, the colony workers dont even look @ their CC, they just keep living

• 2 months later...

The CC has an alarm range of about three screens in all directions.

So if your turrets are in the 3Screen radius, that SHOULD mean that the turrets will let go of the units.

I had a problem VERY much like this one in AOK but it was fixed in TC so I assume that if it wasnt fixed in CC it will be in the most recent patch (havent gotten CC or the CC v1.1 patch)

• 5 weeks later...

Then you clearly have no idea how to use turrets.

Research Medium, then Advanced Turret in the Research centre. The + buiding Sight in the Command Centre and War Centre. Build 3 or 4 in a narrow passage (It's what there intended use is). Garrison 5 units in there, and get a Shield Generator for it. You can then hold back armies of 100+ Jedi, Troops, Mechs, and Hvy Weapons alike.

They are not used for wide spread areas for any reason other than cover-fire. As in a wide area, you cannot predict what side they will atack from, or even if their close enough for the turret to hit them.

• 2 years later...

Archived