1. 1. Which Modtype

• Single Player Star Wars Based
    • Single Player NOT Star Wars Based
    • CTF Clones
    • Counterstrike Clones
    • Coöperative mods
    • Other (specify in reply)
    • Mods, what's that?

I've alwas enjoyed team games. CtF is the most played, but I prefer things like Tribes 2's Seige and UT's Assult.

Oh yeah, hi, I've been coming to this forum on and off since the game was announced and just decided to sign up, seeing as how the games getting pretty close and all.

A couple of SP mods would be nice.. something to hone our skills offline aside from possible bots..

Speaking of bots, if there arn't any, throw some basic ones in. All i think you'd need to do is theif the level in which you battle the dark jedi and put some respawn and difficulty code in and you've got a sparring opponent. Could probably do the same with storm troopers, but those are probably going to need a bit of work on the intelligence side as well as the toughness area.

I want to see team based, CTO (Cap the object, flag, etc.). Something akin to counterstrike, but not as 1337 and n00bish. ;)

Awhile back, in the early days of Deus Ex, I had a mod document which two teams were up against each other, over a quite large battle field (Nar Shaddaa would OWN for this) where each team had a commander, and the commander ordered supplies, researched items, and equipped troops. It would obviously work off a credit system, and the enemy base had 'relics' that were usable to them, but not to you, in the sense they were made. You can infiltrate and steal the enemy items and sell them for credits, all the while using yours to help you defend your relics. (Some examples would be Small to medium sized Bacta tanks, portable shield generators, weapons, etc.). You win by either killing the commander, or stealing their Ceremonial item (in this case, probably a lightsaber).

Hopefully I'd like to see this come to fruit, as I think it would be a quite addicting game, offering depth, strategy, and team skill.

Oh, I think there are bots already there. This IS the Quake III: Team Arena engine were talking about, after all.

I'd like SP mods and I also think a sort of Counter-Strike clone would work fine. (Rebels vs. Imperial, u know ;) ) I've got open doors for all kinds of mods though. I didn't even like multiplayer games like I do now before CS. (SPORK was fun, though.) I guess it doesn't really matter what kind of MOD it is, as long as it's good. But single player stuff is definately my favourite stuff.

everything i've read says their are bots, and they are extremly intelligent. In lightsaber battles, they analyze your attacks and work around them. They retreat, pause, charge, circle, everything that a normal person would do. Sounds like they are going to kick ass.....

A co-op mod is already in the planning stages. We're compiliing a list of features we want to put into it. It will be to play through the Singleplayer game cooperatively. We've made a co-op mod for the Medal of Honor Demo (not the one that was released) as a sort of proof of concept, though it didn't have the neat features we plan for Jedi Knight II. There is a post about this in the Editing Forums. Its nice to see that co-op mod is in the lead. :)

I just looked at my sig there and saw a terminator..... then thought of machine... then thought of computer...... then thought of games... then thought of jk2..... then i hada great idea of an army of bots against an army of humans. that'd be cool.

In addition to the typical CTF, team deathmatch, and deathmatch modes, the game will have some unique twists on existing multiplayer conventions, such as Jedi duel, wherein two players spar while a crowd looks; capture the ysalimari, a mode that cancels out the force powers of anyone carrying the slimy critter; and a mode called Jedi master, wherein a single lightsaber will give its owner the ability to use all available force powers but, in turn, will also mark that player as the target of all the other contestants on that map. In this mode, the only players who score points are those who kill the Jedi master and the Jedi master himself.

I just saw this on the preview at gamespot. Looks like the "Rocket Arena" MP style is already in.

:DI_Hannibal_I:D

an RtCW style game would be very cool... medal of honor's mp seemed pretty oldfashioned in comparison.

just having different character types (healer, soldier, jedi) and group respawning would be a big step forward

Archived