Home

Collectibles - How much would you pay for..?

Lujayne

I've got some old magazines that I'd like to sell on eBay, but only if they'll get a good price (so I want to see what people might pay for them) (something more than $2.99, I hope :rolleyes: ).

(These have Star Wars and LOTR articles in them which is why I'm hoping they might be worth a little something)

1.) June, 1978 Future Fantasy

Headlines on cover:

~"The Battle of the Decade is on - 'Close Encounters' vs. 'Star Wars' - Who Will Emerge the Victor?"

~ "The Incredidble Problems Surrounding the Resurrection of 'Star Trek'"

etc.

66 pages long, Star Wars article 7 pages with lots of pictures (b&w)

The whole mag is black and white, except for cover.

Quality = good, some wear on the spine, and the pages are yellowing.

2.) June 1978 Star Encounters

Headlines

~"Brains and Blobs from Outer Space" ^_^

~"Packed with Powerhouse Movie Previwes

'War of the Worlds'

'Destination - Moon'

'2001' Revisited with New Photos

'Star Wars'

'Close Encounters'

Sneak Preview: 'Capricorn 1'"

~"The Fantastic Cult Screamer - With Meatloaf - 'The Rocky Horror Show'

66 pages long - quality = good, but less good than the first. Only a little wear at the spine, but two of cover's corners have fold lines (small, but they're there) and also a bit of water damage on the bottom right corner, only abt. a 2- or 3-inch space. Pages are yellowing.

has both colour and B&W pics and posters - Star Wars article 9 pages long - lots of pictures

-Rocky HPS article 6 pages long, many pics

In back a b&w poster of "Sexy Jane Fonda as Barbarella" lying back on a fur bed in scanty armour holding a gun

3.) Feb. 1979 Fantastic Films

Headlines =

~"Battlestar Galactica" (and 3 interviews w' producer, directer, spfx model maker) "Exclusive Color Photos"

~"An In-Depth Interview with Ralph Bakshi on Lord of the Rings"

70 pages long - quality very good, almost no wear on the cover at all, except that it looks a little like it's been in a drawer with stuff on top of it for a long time. Pages are all glossy and look *very nice*, no yellow.

BG article 9 pages, many colour pics! and b&w as well

Ralph B. and LOTR - 18 pages! *LOTS* of colour pics, also some b & w ones

This magazine is really nice, I just can't stress that enough!

Sorry, I don't have any pics yet, I'll try to scan some.

So, what do you guys think?

I have no idea how much they would be worth but I just wanted to tell ya that just a few days ago I started to look at Ebay every day and I am suprisd at what people sell there.

So all to say I'm surethere is someone out there looking for what ever it is you might have to sell.

Case in point.....Iwas looking up "Oldsmobile" (my car) and I saw some guy that had a "rare" oldsmobile poster. I lokked at it and it's the same one I have.. Is it rare? I doubt it but he was looking for $10 for it. :)

Anyways, good luck.

That's nothing... I'm still lugging around BOXES full of my old Kenner Star Wars toys and other assorted SW stuff with the plan of cataloging them and offering them up for sale in some fashion someday.

I came very close to parting (read: throw away or donate to some worthy cause) with them on this last move just so I wouldn't have to haul them to a new location once again, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

It's a sickness, I know... :rolleyes:

I know a few of these will have some value to somebody, but there's so much work involved in figuring out what I actually have and what condition it's all in that I never seem to get around to doing anything about it.

Eventually...

If you want, edlib, you can send them all to me thus taking away your troubles altogether!

:)

p.s. Kinnison, you're a cheapskate.

The trick is to sell them to a new collector, one who doesn't know that mags aren't worth much (on the other hand, they are worth as much as someone's willing to pay). I had one guy on another site tell me his cousin would pay close to a hundred for the BG one :D. So I'm gonna get his email and see if that's true.

Archived