Home

Galactic Battlegrounds: Ewok Expansion!

Guest BlueSenateGuard

Guest BlueSenateGuard

:ewok This game will be really great and fun, but the only thing missing here are ewoks!

Six civilizations just aren't enough, and in the entire classic trilogy, one cannot find a more complete example of ground-based alien warfare than that of the furry teddies. I sincerely hope that the similar but incomparable Wookiee civ won't overshadow a future expansion featuring the ewoks, and maybe a few others too, like Mon Calamarians (underwater cities and subs are already an important part of the game), Jawas or sand people (Star Wars without Tatooine? Impossible!), and perhaps even Mandalorians, Yuuzhan Vong, etc., but no new Episode 1 peoples, because Episode 1 gets too much attention even now (3 out of the 6 civs are TPM, which I believe is scandalous to say the least.) The game would be more complete. Anyone agree?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rogue15

*gasp*!!!! the ewoks would be worse than the gungans (in most peoples eyes anyways). The Mon Calamari and Quarren are what i'd like to see.

Guest Shadow Hunter

ewoks? ewoks ? Ewoks ? EWoks? EWOks? EWOKs? EWOKS? EWOKS ?!!! definitely!! I love ewoks they oughta be in the game =)) and mr. senate guard person, you're absolutely right!! we need the mc and the other races too, but why so many eps1 races [gungans yuck!] ?? xP

Guest Boba Fett

Ewoks, Tusken Raiders, Jawas etc... would be cool, but not as unique civilizations. They should just be included for effect or the occasional alliance. But seriously Ewoks with planes, no way.

I'm with Bobba fet ....Ewoks, Tusken raiders, Jawas seem to weak for me as individual races, they should appear in the game but not as individual races. A good example would be tuskan raiders acting a bit like the wolves in AoE, neutral prowlers, ready to attack anybody.

As for Mon Calamari, Sullestans (Even though they specialize in counter intelligence) etc... They are part of the rebellion cause (I know The wookies are also and are a race in the game). I hope that the rebellion units are not only human.

Same thing for Nohgri's, a great race of hired killers and body guards but under the Empire's banner (well untill Lea's intervention)

But The VONG, yeah what a wonderfull, powerfull race of bad guys :cool:

Guest Tie Guy

Hi Darth, shadow and Observer. Welcome. even though its a little late.

I'm all for teh Mon Cals, that would be my first choice, then tuskans.

Hmmm, i'm for the vongs to be in it as a separate race. the ewoks, raiders, mons, etc. could be individual, non-playable races in the game. an expansion should have some unique heroes (maybe some of the sith lords and old jedis like obi-wan). yeah, sounds good...by the way, maybe new units for the playable 6 races as well....

:naboo:

Guest hallben

There would be nothing more fun than watching blaster bolts fly through those pesky teddy bears! :D :D :D

Is that sick?

Guest Tie Guy

No, not at all. It would be fun to blast them when they accidentally came into your base while you were fighting the rebels on Endor.

Guest alfred_the_ewok

Ewoks would make a good race, but they would seriously be lacking in the category of air power. A good race would be the Ssi-Ruuk. think about it you could entrench other people units and turn them into war droids.

Guest Tie Guy

Hey Alf, do you mind if i call you that :D

Sure, teh ewoks would lack in the category or air power, but more importantly, the would lack in the area of power in general.

Guest BlueSenateGuard

:ewok For air units: don't forget those Ewok hang-gliders! Good against troops, worthless against AT-STs.

Guest ZeroXcape

As far as an expansion goes, I'd love to see 6 new civilizations. Why just limit it to one?

Anyone who has played Alpha Centauri will know that the second expansion easily feed new life into the game. With the Star Wars Universe, there are easily enough civilizations to form 6 more. Personally, I don't think Ewok's would be very good since you wouldn't find them around the entire galaxy. Same goes for Jawas.

Guest Tie Guy

Yeah, why not 6? But it would be hard to think up of 6 new ones, and make 1200 new units. So far we can only think of 2 that would really work, the Mon Cals and the Vong. Plus, you don't just need units, you need a story.

Archived