Home

The reason part of me would be glad with no demo...

Dan12R

Well, due to my slow internet connection, I've been playing with RealDownload. Using the ablities of this program is the only way I'll be able to get the demo. However, I've run into a few problems. If you have any thoughts on these, feel free to post them here.

1. Due to my current set up, I think (I use a modem on another computer over a network) RealDownload works, only some of the time. The other times, it sits there and says downloaded 0 bytes of unknown.

2. I tried downloading some of the older LEC demos. With the way they have it, I can't pause my download, therefore, I'd have to download it in one sitting. One time, when the program was downloading, I tried getting a 17 MB file. It said it would take about 1 hr. If the JO demo is over 100, do the math.

So there is my problem. I can't change download programs because evey other one I've tried messes up RealPlayer and RealJukebox or another program on my computer. So I'd be somewhat glad if a demo wasn't released, but if one is, you can be sure I'll want it. So if anyone knows of a way to fix this, let me know.

Let me see, if my connection was so bad that I couldn't get the demo here is what I'd do:

1) Get in my car, drive 2 mins to the local grocery store.

2) Walk over to the magazine isle, grab a magazine with bundled cd with the JK2 demo on it.

3) Pay the cashier the 5-7$ for the mag.

4) Go home, install, enjoy...

Granted, it wouldn't be free, but it's either that, or wait the X hours it takes to download. While it might be hard for many to download the demo, it is still feasible for many thousands of others to get the demo. Would you deny those people the chance to get a taste for the final game in order to make a more informed decision?

I wouldn't. Just a thought. ; )

Archived