Home

MP Character creation - force powers

digl

Has it been mentioned somewhere how this will work?

We know that each powers has 3 levels, so there should be some configuration similar to JK, but how will this exactly work? will the game also have different levels? I dont think so, because now as servers will be more stable they would be all the time at Jedi Master

we currently know

neutral: jump, speed, push, pull and mind trick (also neutral on mp?)

dark: grip, lightning

light:heal, absorb, drain (I guess its light?)

so if drain is light, there is at least one dark power we dont know and if mind trick is light on mp (like persuasion in jk) there are at least two dark powers we dont know about

I am missing any?

how do you think force power configuration for mp will work?(if it has not been explained yet and I missed it)

I was thinking about this as well. What exactly will be the range of powers and how powerfull is the strongest one? I just hope that it is the same in JK, where you can max out the good powers and leave the useless ones with no stars.

I'm guessing though that they'll use the same 3 level system for MP that they did for SP. My concerns are 1) will speed be fast enough 2) Will grip have a long enough range, 3) how force site is implemented 4) will I be able to max out speed, jump, pull, grip, and site (and maybe push) like i did FF. 5) Does force pull work on items and does it change respawn time. 6) can a person move and/or shoot while using a force or maintaining one (like grip).

The force jump also looked a bit slow in the trailer.

I do remember reading something about a force drain, but this could be some reviewer talking about absorb (it does charge up the lighty's mana). If it is a seperate force power then I'd say there must also be a 3rd dark power *prays it's destruction*

In the multiplayer game you can choose whether to play as light or dark Jedi before the game starts and advance your character using the Force Power pick-ups found during play.

I thinked they are wrong here they are talking about holocron mode

I read the PCG UK review and it describes the mp character configuration similar to JK

ugh... too much to think about now :(

I'm just going to wait for the game and then find out for myself.

And no, it isn't wrong to ask questions - but the best way to find out is to play it. Also I am sure you can select How strong your forces will be in MP. (Kind of like in normal JK1 then again, it could be different. Yet I don't expect it to be 'completely' un-original from JK1)

Okay... I'm not really in a 'happy happy joy joy' mood right now, it took me from 5 PM to Midnight untill I finished downloading the JK2 Trailer on that guys website :p but at least now I can put it on my faster site :D

*Me is waiting to finish 92 MB trailer....*

*Me is very very mad... only 1% so far*

.................... *its been 1 hour....*

Yeah, I don't remember hearing how they plan to divy up powers or assign force-level points. I'd like it if they made you earn your force-level as you play. It'd be a good way of seperating the noobs from the veterans (as long as you could save your character after leaving, of course). I guess this would be a good RPG mod. Are there any FPS MP games that do this?

I like the idea of having good vs dark teams. I think Raven said that there is not a built-in squad-based MP mode (ala Counterstrike). I'm sure someone will come out with a mod to do it within the first few months after release.

Archived