Home

Are Jedi knight 2 and Jedi Outcast one in the same?

Virtuoso

I am new here........so excuse my ignorance, but I was just told that Jedi knight 2 and Jedi Outcast were 2 different games? I thought this was one title, Jedi Knight 2, am I right, it is just one title right..........:confused:

The person I heard this from was at the PC Cloudchaser Forum. But I know I can count on you true blue Jedi Knight fans here.;):D Thanks...........

uh nice try, but in no way does jk2 affiliate with the name dark forces...

the name is Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

im sick of the name dark forces (especially having to type in zone.com/jkdarkforces2 every frickin time i want to use the zone)

(its faster for me to type that than use a favorite/link) heh...

or we can be completely stupid and say

Quake 3 Team Arena: Dark Forces 3: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast Modification

Originally posted by Sturmgewehr

how does Jedi Knight II not affiliate with the name Dark Forces?

Its Star Wars: Dark Forces III: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, but for short, we call it Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast

Officially it's JKII: JO (I'm going to use abreviations in this, I want to get to other threads today :) ). For us long-time DF fans it can certainly be DF III, but I see no reason to call it JK II. Otherwise there would be (lacking abreviations here for fear of being unintelligable) Command and Conquer IV: Red Alert III: Tiberian Sun II: Red Alert 2

Even better, the next one would include Red Alert 2 II :D.

My point? Simply let us call it DFIII: JO, when we use DF.

LucasArts will put the game on the market title as: Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (and of course with the manditory title of Star Wars before it).

Why not having Dark Force in it? I think its for better marketing. I mean, we know the game as JediKnigh2 or Jedi Outcast. But for people who just browse the store and they see a big title it confuses them (yes i know it sounds stupid but its true. just like some people demand paying for 3.99$ and not 4.00$)

I would think Jerec and his Dark Jedi would be the "Dark Forces" of Jedi Knight, since Jedi Knight was Dark Forces II.

Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast I think is the best title. It is Dark Forces III, we just don't usually call it that.

Are we really discussing what its called? Lucasarts, save us from this maddness and give us something to do. Release the demo so that it might save our sanity.

Archived