Home

Voiceovers

BuRn

Ok, according to the PCGAMERUK review, Billy Dee is doing Lando's voice. Anybody think they'll get the same guy who did kyles voice from JK and what of the possibilities of Hamil doing lukes voice. its not like he's past doing voiceovers (joker from Batman:vengence, the simpsons..).

<font color=cbcbff> I'm sure they could get Kyle again. Jason Court (the guy who plays Kyle in JK I), seems to be a pretty low-budget actor, being as I've never heard of him or seen him anywhere else before in my entire life.

Also, Mark Hamill shouldn't be hard to get. I'm puzzled that they have Billy Dee and not Mark Hamill. All he does these days is voice overs! I'm sure he could spare some time to come and voice JK II.

I'm certain that Mark Hamil is not doing Luke's voice.

We discussed why Hamil wouldnt be doing the voice of the character that made him famous awhile back. The most common reason seemed to be (from our assumptions) that he disliked the Luke Skywalker character. No other film makers would cast him in major roles, because he would always be thought of as Luke Skywalker. That being said, Hamil would never want to play that character again because of what it did to his career.

Although i disagree with that.

Hamil has done voices for many computer game characters over his career, including many Lucasarts game characters. If i was in Hamil's postion i would feel utter gratitude for what Star Wars did for him, and feel privileged to have been a part of that epic.

Oh well.

I don't think Mark dislikes his character, because I remember many interviews where he has been very honest and still seems enthusiastic when it comes to Star Wars. I guess it's just that when people don't remember his other works, but simply see him as Luke Skywalker again and again, anyone would start to get a little bit tired to be in his shoes. "Hey, Luke! I am you father!" "Is George still going to make episodes 7-9?" "Can I have your autograph? Thanks! Write there: May the Force be with you!" It must have been privilege to be remembered as Luke Skywalker in those early days, but do you expect that feeling to last over twenty years; some day you just realize(if you are smart enough) that you have to move on and do what you really wanna do. With all those profits Mark got from those movies, he can do just that: voiceovers, musicals, comics, few movie roles here and there, etc. I guess you get the picture. ;)

Ah, hope they pick a few voiceactors from Baldur's Gate II. My all time personal favourite voice actress is Jennifer Hale (Fall-from-Grace in Planescape Torment, Mazzy from Baldur's Gate II, the female heroine in Ground Control. I also believe she has a part in Metal Gear Solid 2) but all actresses/actors from Baldur's Gate are great! Some high quality acting there!

There are the both sides of a penny! ;(

There must be more reasons ...i mean we dont know anything....we're all human beings...who knows, what the true reason is like.

Mr. Hamil has his own life....

About Jason to do Kyles Voiceover:

Well that would be cool... ( "Leaving so soon" !!)

Cool would be if Angela do it the same to Jan.

But...!?!?!?....Or

If i could, then i could made this possible---- but hey its me....

i cant change this things... We tryed some things like voting or else...

the more we cant do!

BTW :

Jason may be a Low Buget Actor...( he really did a nice Work, thats my point of view )

But he become a Big Part of our JK.

I still see Jasons Face if i see a Kyle Screenshoot...

The same to Angela..and Jan

May the Force be with them all!!

;)

yep he has worked for LEC as someone said, but I dont know if doing Skywalker, I thinked he worked in Full Throttle (amazing game!)

And I think he will do voices for SoF2, so there must be something that keeps him away from Skywalker, if he will do voices for the other Raven game soon to be released. Altough maybe LEC is in charge of that, and not Raven

LEC is always in charge when it comes to SW games, so they have final decision... BTW, actors who they have hired to do Luke's voiceover have been pretty good so far, so I'm not worried about that; only guys imitating Han Solo or Lando haven't been right ones, but now Billy Dee himself aboard, everything is SO much better. :D

A funny thing happened when Raven did Elite Force. When they made the first game, they had all of the actors from the TV show do the voices, except Jerry Ryan for the 7 of 9 character. So another actress did that voice.

When they later did the exansion pack release, there were able to get Jerry Ryan to do the voice acting. With that, they released a patch for the Original game, in which Jerry Ryan's voice was patched in for 7 or 9.

So it would not be unprecedented to have this fixed via patch later on if possible.

Will this happen? Not likely.

Has it happened before? Sure has.

Will I be upset if they don't? No.

Will I be glad if they do? Yes.

Cyclone

1. I agree with Darth Lunatic. Mark Hamil and Carrie Fisher both have this deal where they got like 10-20% (maybe more, I forget) of all profits made on ANY Star Wars mechendise - Be it posters, action figures, video games, or bumper stickers. Because of this, neither of them have to work again, ever. I can understand how it sort of ruined his acting career, but he should be doing video game acting... You know, in a few years when gaming hits the US even more (to the level it is in Asia) video game shows will be on TV!

2. Billy Dee Williams r0x0rz! It's awesome how he's doing the voice of Lando!

Personally, I really like both of the actors who played Kyle. The MotS Kyle (Rino Romano) was really, good, but Jason Court just sounded more serious, dramatic, and dark. He just seemed more appropriate for a charactar who is so balanced between light and dark. Rino Romano is a good actor, but he just doesn't sound like Kyle should.

I didn't like the cutscenes or the story of MOTS. It had better weapons, graphics, and gameplay, but it lacked in places I mentioned. All in all, I'd like to have the voice of Kyle from JK to do it once again. Billy Dee as Lando is also great. Maybe they should have him record his lines for XWA and release a patch:D

Knowing that LEC hired Billy Dee himself to do voiceover for Lando might mean he has big role in the game; there wouldn't be much sense to get him to say only "few" lines, would there? If this really is the biggest reason they asked him for the job, then Luke must have much smaller role and some other actor can say those lines much cheaper... What comes to Kyle, I would like to hear Jason Court(JK) returning, because he defined perfectly the sarcastic attitude of Kyle; Rino Romano(MotS) sounded only vaguely like Jason and was probably choosed in a hurry to get MotS finished(sound in overal didn't exactly recieve its finishing touches either). I have personally nothing againts Rino though, because I think he was right choice for EF, but in MotS he only replaced another actor, who by the way replaced "original" Dark Forces Kyle, Nick Jameson. My point is that because live action cutscenes added so much more mood in the JK, Jason Court represented also physically Kyle and "lend" his face to that character. At least for me they are now one and the same and besides, it's hard to find any info about Jason, so he must desperately need some money... :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, I did see Jason Court as a guest start on a crappy TV show once, as the gay cousin of a female cop. He was actually pretty good...

Also, if you go to imdb.com and search for Jason Court you'll get his filmography... not very impressive. :( Jedi Knight is mentioned there, surprisingly...

Billy dee awsome, he will do a great job I wish he would of did the X wing alliance, or they should of a least used wavs from the movies, damn

Sounds great if Lando is with you he fits ion perfectly with Kyle

I cant beleive people actually like those cutscenes and goofy actors, it was horrible(Laughable). As for the voices it doesnt matter to me. But i like the mots one better

Archived