Home

NRI Report 2.14.02 interpretation

GonkH8er

Request from Senator of Bilbringi

There has been an official request placed by a Senator from Bilbringi to send a communications crew to the mining colony on Artus Prime near the Outer Rim. One of the last weekly transmissions from the colony administrator revealed the discovery of a large deposit of Artusian crystals. Since then, however, there have been no further transmissions to the Senate regarding the collection and processing of the Artusian crystals as required by New Republic ordinance 20098-B outlining the handling of substances considered unstable and/or dangerous.

Artusian crystals? Tell me, oh EU and knowledgable SW fans, are these the same crystals used in lightsabers?

I figured as much because, well......... with all these reborn dark jedi, they need to make a lot of sabers.

Perhaps whoever is in control of these reborn jedi intercepted or somehow aquired the transmission about the crystals, and took over the mine to get these crystals, therefore stopping further transmissions.

Although, if Artusian crystals AREN'T used in sabers, there goes my theory :)..

unless this main enemy wanted them for something else.....

I don't know anything about the EU, but i did hear about a subsance that the lightsaber can't penetrate. It just turns it off or just stops it dead or something - maybe these crystals are it, and the big baddie wants to make an armoured suit out of it :) .

<font color=cbcbff> I believe the substance you are referring to is called Cortosis Ore. It shuts off lightsabers in some books and is lightsaber resistant in others. But it's the anti-lightsaber ore. Palpatine is said to have lined his palace on Coruscant with it.

I'm not very knowledgable about crystals though. My geek meter has not gained enough experience points to level up my crystal knowledge base.

[Edit - Stormy - did your finger by any chance get stuck on the post button? :D Surplus posts have been deleted. ;) ]

<font color=cbcbff> Thanks, Stormy, my browser went all loopy and I thought that might have been the case. Sorry about that. It must have been funny as hell though. How many were there?

You can actually use pretty much any crystal you want in a lightsaber. Corran Horn, when he built his lightsaber in I, Jedi, used 3 crystals, a diamond, and emerald, and a Durindfire. However, the diamond turned out to be a fake and shorted out the saber when Corran twisted the saber length adjust knob.

Archived