Home

An odd voice in the UK trailer.

Guest Obi

<font color=cbcbff> At 1:52 in the UK PC Gamer Trailer if you listen, a voice can be heard. It is very close to Kyle, and it's possible that it's Kyle himself. It sounds like it's saying "losing force field". I base this off of the fact that Kyle takes a bowcaster shot off of an opponent's lightsaber and it hits him squarely just prior to this speech. So the conclusion I draw? The voice heard isn't Kyle, but his HUD talking to him? Is our HUD going to tell us when our shield, force, health, ammo, etc. are depleting?

Come to think of it, it could also be saying "using force heal" but that would make no sense, and it would be rather annoying if the game had to tell you whenever you decided to use a force power, so I think that theory can be ruled out rather quickly. Listen and see what you think.

No, I heard it to... I went over it again and again.

I narrowed it down to "losing force field" and "using force speed"

or force something else.

Something is also said about 1 second before this, and its very short and hard to hear.

Can someone with the uncompressed version clarify, if you can hear it at all?

<font color=cbcbff> It sounds like "GET 'IM!" But I'm uncertain. Right before that is Kyle grunting as he slams into the ground from a higher point than he would care to jump from.

<font color=cbcbff> We aren't arguing, we're just discussing the smallest minute details to simply pass the time and perhaps bring something to light that hasn't been noticed yet. We are all eagerly awaiting the sequel to our favorite game(well, most of us anyway) and we are really excited to see some more info.

I don't want to know about the plot, myself. But knowing the force powers, weapons, gameplay etc. would be great, and that's what I'm after in this post. Talking HUD's are an interesting feature to have in a FPS.

If past experience holds true. The demo will be out a few weeks after the game is released. Raven doesn't put out "test" games like ID did with the Quake and RTCW games.

Would be fun to a have a watered down MP map with Sabers to play on though. :D

Cyclone

Talking huds arnt exactly original, in Half-Life your hud said stuff from time to time; "Minor.... Fracture.... Detected.." and "Sheilds... At... Thirty... Five... Per.. Cent...".

If the hud does talk like that, I doubt it would say "losing force sheilds", because in Star Wars, force means something different entirely. :)

Well its either speed or field......hard to tell........but I reckon field as its a bot match and he has probably picked up a force field......there would be no point in him saying using force speed, and if he did he would have moved quicker......he wouldnt say using force speed anyway, that would just get annoying............LOSING FORCE FIELD it is :D

Okay, okay, I'll shut this down right now... :p The build they used for the multiplayer part of the movie must have been around a month old. How do I know? That voice was me! I recorded some placeholder sounds with the cheap-o microphone on my desk (you know, the kind they throw in with just about any computer you buy). I laughed so hard when I heard that one I nearly fell out of my chair. I'm a star baby!!!

The sound said "Using Force Persuasion" (now permanently termed Mind Trick). Obviously it is a sound effect now. ;)

Archived