Home

Bullet time in JKII

JediArs

There was an early *new info* article which hinted that in SP mode, force speed would let Kyle experience bullet time. In MP, it will be like JKI. Bullet time would be a great idea, but wouldn't it be a rip-off of other games? I mean, every game is using it nowadays. Then again, what else can you do for force speed. Not much.:(

I have read Star Wars books long before Max Payne came out that describe Jedi Knights experiancing a bullet time like effect (shadows of the empire describes this with Luke). If Jedi are capable of it then it should be in the game. The way I see it bullet time is just a new gameplay innovation and it will be showing up in many games from now on. Castle Wolfenstein started the FPS genera but than didn't stop other people from making FPS because they were afraid of ripping off an idea.

It is possible that they could make you jump further while speeding, even though its slow mo. I don't think they will be bothered though, I expect speed to last a maximum of 5 seconds in SP an MP, to promote more tactical use of it, rather than running around like a madman all the time like in JK.

Okay,

This is really simple, but hard to explain.

If there's a bullet time effect in SP(which would be awesome)

What do you think if when you used Force speed,

it slowed down everything,

and you moved faster than everyone else..

In the sense that, you(Kyle), would be only be a little bit

slow, and everyone else would be dog slow..

It would seem more "Cinematic" if you slowed down a little bit

and also you could have some time to plan out

how your going to slice up a Stormtrooper :D

and also it would keep it from being the typical

"bullet time" effect as you were talking about.

Venesectrix

Well...It's my 1st post, and BTW, i don't like chocolate! take that! Anywho. I'm a long time reader and i've been thinking long and hard about it. Ok. Here is my 2 cents (by the way, why is it you put your 2 cents in but a penny for your thoughts...? Someone is making a penny....) anywho, in the UK trailer, for those who haven't seen it (thanks to ps2maddenman for sending to me) there is an example of this slow down feature.

New paragraph, was getting kinda....umm....crowded. Anywho, it seemed to me at least, that both Kyle and the enemy where moving slowly. Which kinda seems to me defeats the purpose. but then again it could also be a slow dramatication of the battle. Well, personally, I think that if it was used for only a little bit, about 5 seconds, it'd be great, for those times when it's you versus 3 or 4 enemy jedi, just to catch your place and be more careful. Like i said, just some personal tidbits of info i wanted to post. Thanks.

Hey, at least i didn't do my 1st post as " WHEN IS DEMO COMING OUT???" and started my own thread :)

Originally posted by Venesectrix

In the sense that, you(Kyle), would be only be a little bit

slow, and everyone else would be dog slow..

Thats EXACTLY what I want from the slow mo force speed; your slightly slowed and everyone else is slowed down more. It would be very cinematic and cool.

It would also help you to aim better and respond quicker to attacks, making a duel in slow mo look damn cool and give you the advantage of being able to respond and attack quicker, while being able to see everything thats going on. Imagine a MP battle between 2 people with speed, who just run up to each other and hold down attack on the lightest attack stance. Good luck being able to comprehend any of that.

well I guess single player bullet time is alright, its just sometimes theres those long stretches that you just have to run through and it would be nice to have some force speed action going on there. either way, as long as you move super fast in multiplayer thats all that matters.

My main beef with the slow-mo Force Speed is that it won't be consistent with the Force Speed in MP. I think both need to be done the same way. Since the slow-mo Force Speed can't work in MP for obvious reasons, then they should both use the MP version of it.

Although many of us JK veterans know how to use traditional Force Speed, many newer JK players may not. Those newer players who become accustomed to the SP version of Force Speed may balk at having to "unlearn what they have learned" when they try to use Force Speed in MP.

If it is "You continue everything else slows down" then the more I think about it the more I like it.

In Ep1 ObiWan and Qui Gon use speed to escape the destroyer droids. They blur disapear, they apear a second later behind the destroyer droids. So ingame we are seeing it from Kyles point of view. For you only a few seconds have passed, for everyone else prehaps a minute has been.

If it is "Bullet time" then......... STOP IT YOU NAUGHTY TYPE DEVELOPERS.

it might be because "bullet-time" style effects have intrigued audiences since the Matrix (like Star Wars w/ Lightsabers). I guess it is nice to see a game combining everything, which isn't easy. My only worry is that they screw some vital effect big time, retracting from the experience.

db6

slow motion is a very very old term, i think that people tend to attribute slow motion's popularity to the matrix, but in all reality its been used very much before. You remember those bad movies where someone dives out of the way and someone else has a machine gun and everything slows down and everything explodes into a frenzy of bad effects and bad acting? well that essentially the same thing but you just cant see the bullets. Try not to think of everything in terms of "Bullet Time" because the concept isnt all that new.

Archived