Home

JKII Windows Theme

Aristotle

I had a little extra time today, so I whipped up a quick Jedi Knight II desktop with all JKII based icons for the most common windows folders... still have to add the theme colors and sounds for JKII, but if people want it, I suppose I could toss it in a zip and upload it.

Just did it for my personal desktop... but figured some of the JKII.Net faithful might want to use it, since it uses our forum colors.

Here's a shot of it:

*NOTE: Don't use that as a background.. it's meant to be a theme and if you want that look you'll have to eventually download the .zip file with the icons and sounds included.

http://www.jediknightii.net/themes/jk2net_ari_theme.jpg

Relevant?

I think you better take a bit of a closer look... each one of those icons for the folders is from a model right from the game (check the official site models section)... so I'm not sure how much more relevant I could get...

They just added a bunch of models this week...so perhaps you haven't seen them on the official site yet.

Kewl where can i dl it?

Patience young Jedi. ;)

Let me tweak it a bit and add the correct colors and sounds for a complete theme pack.... then I'll probably just toss it on our downloads page. I'll make 1600x1200, 1024x768 and 800x600 resolution versions available.

You could also download software like Microangelo or something similar and create additional icons/mouse cursors. Then perhaps extract some of those cool lightsaber sounds from JK using either Contain Manager or JKGOB and so you have complete JK2 theme. :D I used to create these kind of Theme packs few years ago...

It's kind of tough to get everything perfect when the game isn't even out yet.

However, may I recommend using JK sound effects, since (at least from the trailers) it appears many of the sound effects are virtually identical (grip, blaster shots, saber slashes, etc).

Sounds could even be captured from the trailer if necessary.

Don, this is part of a proud tradition of JK series themes, good luck... should be fun. ; )

Archived